Difference between Deluxe Expansions and Asylum Packs

By cvtuttle, in CoC General Discussion

Since the game is coming to an end - I am thinking of scooping up as much as I can but I am confused. Deluxe Expansions and Asylum packs are two entirely different things right? Deluxe expansions don't just contain reprints of the Asylum pack cards?

Can someone explain the difference to me?

Thanks!

Deluxe expansions are 55 cards and asylum packs are 20 cards.

Asylum packs are evenly split between all factions, deluxe boxes (except terror in Venice and secrets of arkham) focus on a single faction.

Packs and boxes have different cards.

Asylum packs are to be reprinted first, deluxe boxes are not confirmed as getting reprints.

Buy the deluxe boxes first while they are available.

Edited by mulletcheese

Just to add, the cards in asylum packs and deluxes are different, so fir a FULL set you need the asylum pacjs AND the deluxes.

But... the original few years old Asylum packs did not contain a full x3 of each card, so if buying second hand do ask them first. Later reprints of those Asylum packs were adjusted to contain full playsets of x3 cards.

As noted above, FFG have said they will reprint all asylum packs (eventually) but only "might" reprint deluxes "if" demand is there, so best to buy the dulxe first to be safe.

Its an awesome game and the solo variant (Cthulhu Rising V2) on boardgamegeek is great too. Welcome to an excellent game!!

Thanks for the information folks. Ordered all 10 of the deluxe expansions... I'll pick up Asylum packs as I can.