The Gates of Hell Expansion

By SilvioJesus, in Talisman Home Brews

ZzVmnLj.jpg?2

The Gates of Hell Expansion

The Gates of Hell have opened and the Princes of that fiery tormented domain have come forth to take control of the Realm of Talisman. Drawn by the power of the Crown of Command they intend to bring Hell upon Earth and only a mighty hero can defeat the rising tide of torture and mayhem.
As demons roam the Realm heroes must face unspeakable evil as they try to wrangle the Crown of Command from the talons of the Princes while trying to remain focused and uncorrupted on their journey, never succumbing to the corrupting power of Hell.

---------------------------------

Hello all!

I'm a big fan of Talisman and I'm always creating homebrews for various games (even trying to design a full fledged game right now) and I've decided to compile an expansion that I've designed for Talisman.

And here it is. Gates of Hell. An expansion focused on demons and their takeover of the Crown of Command.

Players will have to reach the Crown of Command while battling demons and resisting the urge to trade fame, fortune and power for their very soul.

Components:
· 1 Inner Board Overlay
· 13 Cards
· 2 Terrain Cards
· 5 Corrupted Character Cards
· 1 New Character Card
· 5 Alternate Ending Cards
· 1 Quick Rules Card
· 1 Rule Leaflet

Hope you guys like it, and feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

SilvioJesus

Download (dropbox):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu6c00hmjl0yn95/GatesOfHellExpansion-Rev1.zip?dl=0

Deceiver Card (Vendark rightfully pointed out that it was missing from the set): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmks7zuulver0kk/Deceiver.zip?dl=0

Edited by SilvioJesus

No feedback?

:(

I'm taking a look at mo I will let you know my thoughts. Edit : Had a quick look although I like the board I just do not like the Hell type of expansion I have to playtest to give you a better idea of how the expansion works but to be honest this does not interest me, not when we have the harbringer already.

Edited by Uvatha

Maybe I've missed it, but I can't seem to find the Deceiver card in any of the folders.

Maybe I've missed it, but I can't seem to find the Deceiver card in any of the folders.

You' re right. It's not there. Thanks for the heads up. 1st post edited with the d/l link.

So, the Deceiver makes a big difference, conceptually. I like the push/pull he brings to the table; if you don't want Corruption he's a significant plague on your character; or he can be a big boon, but you take that Corruption hit each time.

For me, the Soldiers of Abaddon are the most intriguing part; I like the idea of players who lose the game turning to the dark side and cooperating to try to keep anyone else from winning. Uvatha has a point that Harbinger kind of stepped all over your theme here, but the Soldiers by themselves are a big enough wrinkle that I'd definitely be willing to try this expansion out anyway. When I get a chance I'll let you know how it goes.

Cool, do try when you have the change. Thank you both for your input ;)