New player: Question about Wedge as a pilot.

By Silent Disapproval Robot, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

I just played my 2nd game ever against another complete rookie. We were using the cards from the Hoth expansion decks. I had a question about how Wedge works when used as a pilot. I had played a Rogue 3 snowspeeder card on my 1st turn and then attached Wedge to it as a pilot on my 2nd turn. I activated the speeder to attack an objective and placed a focus token on it.

We were both somewhat confused as to how Wedge's pilot abilities work. The way we interpreted the rules were as follows:

After the speeder's strike was completed (the DS player had no ready units available) Wedge used his ACTION to remove the focus token from the speeder and attach it to himself instead.

This is where it got confusing. We played as though the Speeder was now READY again and could be used to attack a different objective but, because Wedge was exhausted, the speeder couldn't use Wedge's piloting bonuses. Is this right? Can the speeder still attack again even though the pilot is exhausted?

Thanks.

So, let's go through this step by step.

First, the cards.

Vehicle. Speeder.
This unit gains 1 Unit and Blast Damage for each enhancement on it.

Character. Pilot.
You may play this card on a friendly Speeder or Fighter unit as an enhancement with the text: " Action : Focus this enhancement to remove 1 focus token from enhanced unit."

You declare an attack with Rogue Three, enhanced with Wedge Antilles. Your opponent chooses no defenders, so you win the edge battle by default and strike with Rogue Three.

There is a window for player actions after each strike is resolved, but I'm assuming that you concluded the engagement (including applying unopposed damage) before using the Action of Wedge. If you used Wedge's Action before concluding the engagement, you would have to strike again against the same objective because you had a participating ready unit.

So, on to the questions at hand. Can Rogue Three participate in another engagement? Yes, it is a ready unit during your conflict phase. The presence of an exhausted enhancement, even a Pilot enhancement, doesn't matter. Does Rogue Three retain the Unit and Blast Damage for being enhanced with Wedge Antilles? Yes. Rogue Three only cares about the number of enhancements on it, not whether they are ready or exhausted. Can Wedge Antilles use his ability again? No. The game action "focus" means "put a focus token on a ready card", so you can't focus an already exhausted Wedge.