Night in the dungeon?

By Joker Squad, in Talisman Rules Questions

I was playing with the Blood Moon expansion and when the night hit the sky, people in the dungeon started arguing about the effect +1 to monsters.

So, are the -1/+1 to monster does apply in the dungeon? i can't find something on that in the FAQ.

Thx!

The Time Card effect is global and affects every creature in the game. "Creature" means any encounter that attacks with Strength or Craft.

In the Dungeon, all Enemies are affected along with the Guard Room and Treasure Chamber encounters.

If people are arguing that in the Dungeon there's no day and night, because it's always dark, they are just applying commonsense to rules which should work as written. When you don't have exceptions in the rules, probably there's no exception to apply. The rule works just fine in every Region.

Moreover, time passes in both Dungeon and surface world, and lycanthropes change shape according to the moon cycle even in the depths of the earth, as far as I know from both tradition and rolegames.

Thanks!!

We play with the rules applying in every region, including in the dungeon but some was wondering if and i respond pretty much with the same example than you. I just wanna be sure and close this little question for good with my playing group!

good to know also for the keeper and the treasure chamber encounter!

Thanks a lot.

The Time Card effect is global and affects every creature in the game. "Creature" means any encounter that attacks with Strength or Craft.

In the Dungeon, all Enemies are affected along with the Guard Room and Treasure Chamber encounters.

If people are arguing that in the Dungeon there's no day and night, because it's always dark, they are just applying commonsense to rules which should work as written. When you don't have exceptions in the rules, probably there's no exception to apply. The rule works just fine in every Region.

Moreover, time passes in both Dungeon and surface world, and lycanthropes change shape according to the moon cycle even in the depths of the earth, as far as I know from both tradition and rolegames.

Agreed, Warlock. On the other hand I always had a hard time accepting that Blizzards and other things of Nature can affect those in the Dungeon. How'd that snow get down in there?

good to know also for the keeper and the treasure chamber encounter!

They are affected just like any other encounter that fights with Strength or Craft (Spirit in the Crags, cards that result in an attack like the Lone Dwarf, Eagle King on Eyrie, Werewolf, Pitfiends, etc...).

Agreed, Warlock. On the other hand I always had a hard time accepting that Blizzards and other things of Nature can affect those in the Dungeon. How'd that snow get down in there?

Everybody gets inside the Dungeon to find cover from the Blizzard. You move only 1 space because the place is too crowded, like the City during the Festival. :D

Well, hard to argue with that and way more simple to play ;)

hehehe game logic in Talisman is a laugh.. Don't even go there. Mind you its funny around the table :) .

I see no problem with anything, from Blood Moon night effects to Blizzards, or anything in between, occurring in the Dungeon.

If you are willing enough to suspend disbelief in playing a fantasy game that involves magic and spells, etc., but still require some logic to it that would depend on "no blizzards in a dungeon"-type reasoning, then you probably shouldn't be playing this game in the first place.

Anti-"blizzard in dungeon" advocates surely wouldn't contest a hypothetical spell card enabling its caster to affect other characters with a magical "indoor" blizzard--especially if it worked to their advantage. So why the protestations that one develops potentially against them?

IMO Anything in the game that can be REASONABLY* rationalized through the mere existence of magic at all in the world of Talisman is a fair explanation, so there.

*[relative term]