Q: About moving while attacking

By Khas, in StarCraft

Can you move units into empty or friendly areas of the planet where you are attacking another area?

Yes.

You may move as many units to or among the areas on the planet where the Mobilize order was placed, obeying all unit limits in each area. However, you are limited to ONE move per individual unit (unless you count retreating after a battle, if necessary) and ONE invasion into an enemy area on the planet (even if there is nothing in an area but an enemy base.) However, nothing stops you from placing more than one Mobilize order token on that planet during the Planning Phase.

Also, all individual movements that apply to that Mobilize order happen before you resolve a battle. This prevents a player from deciding to move more units, based on the outcome of the battle.

ok then while we're at it: does an area with only an enemy base (no units) qualify as an enemy area in the sense that it restricts from moving into another enemy area during this particular mobilize order?

Khas said:

ok then while we're at it: does an area with only an enemy base (no units) qualify as an enemy area in the sense that it restricts from moving into another enemy area during this particular mobilize order?

Yes. As I said, "...(even if there is nothing in an area but an enemy base.)"

Let's make a quick example:

On planet A there are two areas (1 and 2) each having a unit limit of two. I attack from area 1 into area 2 and also bring two more units from an adjacent planet over and place them into area 1. This is a legal move, right? The units that moved out of area 1 for the purpose of attacking area 2 put no restriction whatsoever on the units moving into area 1.

no. first you move then you attack.

In this instance, the word "attack" means the movement of units that will result in a battle, not fighting the battle itself. Yes, that would be a legal move.

yes, thanks, that was the way I also understand this. good to get confirmation, though

oh good to know :o

Agent Kennedy said:

Yes.

You may move as many units to or among the areas on the planet where the Mobilize order was placed, obeying all unit limits in each area. However, you are limited to ONE move per individual unit (unless you count retreating after a battle, if necessary) and ONE invasion into an enemy area on the planet (even if there is nothing in an area but an enemy base.) However, nothing stops you from placing more than one Mobilize order token on that planet during the Planning Phase.

Also, all individual movements that apply to that Mobilize order happen before you resolve a battle. This prevents a player from deciding to move more units, based on the outcome of the battle.

I'm a little confused by this, does this mean that each unit can only move a single space, and only one move is allowed to result in a battle, or can I for example:

Move to an empty space on a planet, then move those same units onto a hostile area on the planet.

Cause that second way kinda makes turrets less useful.

Smeghead said:

I'm a little confused by this, does this mean that each unit can only move a single space, and only one move is allowed to result in a battle, or can I for example:

Move to an empty space on a planet, then move those same units onto a hostile area on the planet.

Cause that second way kinda makes turrets less useful.

In each moment of units' movement you must obey unit limit for each area.

Moving units into the enemy area does not finish your movement (but you may move your units only to 1 enemy area). You cannot move any units after you started the battle.

You always move your units from area X to area Y nad their move is finished. You cannot make combined moves like from X to Y and then to Z, especially to avoid Air Support module.