Best Reinforcement Pack

By Supertoe, in BattleLore

Which is the best reinforcement pack to get if you are only getting one?

I would say Heralds of Dreadfall, because it adds another faction, and its unit set is the most like the unit sets that come in the base game (archers, infantry, cavalry, etc.), which should maintain a good balance.

Edited by Madmartigan

I would say Heralds of Dreadfall, because it adds another faction, and its unit set is the most like the unit sets that come in the base game (archers, infantry, cavalry, etc.). At first glance the units would seem to be well balanced with the unit sets from the base game for the other two factions.

I meant REINFORCEMENT, not ARMY.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're mostly interested in a good scenario, then probably the Giant is the best choice. If you want the most fun unit to play, then Razorwings. If you want to go epic, then the Dragon.

If I had to pick one: the Giant.

If I had to pick one, I'd say Dragon. Good mobility, hard-hitting, lots of health plus the Flying defensive bonus and some strong special abilities.

Razorwings and the Giant are nice too, and have some very strong Lore cards.

Yeah, good point about the Dragon. I'm just a little bit worried that with a mustering cost of 10, it won't be fielded that often in normal BattleLore. Still, it's a great pack too.

May I say a heresy? For some reasons, I prefer the reinforcement packs over the new armies. Not that they are actually better: new armies are incredibly more complete and interesting than reinforcements, but reinforcements dare doing things that you don't normally see in BattleLore, and the specific scenarios are really interesting and fun to play

Giant for it's awesome lore cards. Shortcut is amazing. Well, I think it's amazing, anyway.

shortcut.png

Upon further reflection, the Dragon actually has some pretty neat lore cards that will probably come in handy more often than Shortcut.

nowhere-to-run.png nowhere-to-hide.png

FORGIVE ME!

In my personal opinion I like the dragon best since it sets up some interesting questions for the opponent:

Do I go archers and mages to take down the dragon or do I get some cavalry to try to get to the dragon hoard? (like the command tent but with 3 vp, you have to deploy it on the dragon's deployment field as a balancing factor for its power)

Do I really want that command tent since the dragon can easily fly there?

And of course WHERE IS THE BEAST DEPLOYING?

One thing I should note is that I think that it's kind of odd that you can game the dragon's-hoard-as-nerf by deploying him on a waterfield. The dragon's hoard isn't spawned then. In my personal experience that actually makes the dragon a tad TOO powerful.

PS: I feel like the fun about the reinforcement packs is grounded in the fact that all those neutrals offer slightly more bang for your gold than your regular units. The downside being of course that your opponent knows you are going to utilize them and can prepare countermeasures.

PS: I feel like the fun about the reinforcement packs is grounded in the fact that all those neutrals offer slightly more bang for your gold than your regular units. The downside being of course that your opponent knows you are going to utilize them and can prepare countermeasures.

This.

Oh, man, I miss playing BT so much!! Darn it! Need more time for everything :D

Edited by Julia

I know what you mean - cant find enough time or players to get games in.

The good news is my son does like this game and will play it - the bad news he is 13 and the PC is far too distracting. But at least we get a game in every now and then.

I would love to buy the undead packs and maybe also the neutral ones, but i dont think i have played the original set enough yet.

Also other new games keep taking my money - Warhammer Quest Card game being the next one. I would also like expansions for Eldritch Horror too but have never bought any. I do have a lot of Descent and Lord of the Rings LCG expansions and then there is Bilehall i want too.

FFG do make too many games i really like. A good thing however its too hard to buy everything i want or even get time to play.

The great dragon expansion is definitely nice, i clearly hope for new reinforcements packs, and secretly some that will introduce Mennara heroes in the party !

hello folks!

I hope for new reinforcemens packs and I think that some will be produced between the "undead army packs" and the "elves army packs" !!!

regarding these new reinforcement packs (seeing the neutral unit of RUNEWARS) I think that these will be:

- beastman (meele/minion unit)

- hell hounds (cavalry unit)

- sorcerers (caster unit)

and if we think to combine them with the units that are already released:

- great dragon (legend unit)

- mountain giant (legend unit)

- razorwings (cavalry flying unit)

I think it's absolutely NOT IMPOSSIBLE to muster an entire MERCENARY ARMY !

what do you think about???

FORGIVE ME!

COULDN'T FIND THE UNBOLD BUTTON!