Episode VII mats are here, and they look fabulous!!!

By Forensicus, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Pretty neat! But I think I'd rather have BB-8 or Poe Dameron's X-wing. If they had those, I might pick one up.

Most likely there will be LS equivalents made.

... the Kylo Ren mat... I bought a dinner mat version of it for really cheap at Walmart. I mean, I assume this one is made of better material but I just find it funny that it's the same exact image

... the Kylo Ren mat... I bought a dinner mat version of it for really cheap at Walmart. I mean, I assume this one is made of better material but I just find it funny that it's the same exact image

I guess that's Disney in action

I fell over when I saw the news post with Kylo Ren and the related product was Star Wars: The Card Game because I thought they were announcing a deluxe expansion based on The Force Awakens.

I fell over when I saw the news post with Kylo Ren and the related product was Star Wars: The Card Game because I thought they were announcing a deluxe expansion based on The Force Awakens.

Yeah, I was hoping for a game-related announcement as well. I mean, this is "game-related" in a way, but you know, I was hoping for something that was not accessories, LOL!

Still, these images look cool! But as others have said they are clearly "officially released" images already used on other things. I believe I saw both on the Topps Digital Card Trader app too, yes?

I wish that they had to places for where the cards go like they did with a game of thrones play mats. It would have been nice but I may get these or maybe have the ones I have seen on bgg made. It just depends on which I would prefer. I still may pick up the Kylo Ren one just for giggles.

Amazingly sharp looking images. I don't know why it took like 3 years to release a playmat. I would have thought a playmat or two for each cycle would have been cool. A Hoth battle scene mat for the empire and that fu-man-shu bearded rebel trooper in the trenches with a laser turret behind him would have been sweet for the rebels. There's only one card of him in the core set he is so powerfull in game. From a new player lacking all the decks perspective.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't at least release a playmat for the Resistance as well. Seems weird they were both First Order.