Necron Pariah Stats?

By Quietus1, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Anyone know where stats for a necron pariah can be found?

There won't be any official stats, because Pariahs have been removed from 40K lore with the last Necorn codex. If you want to use them in your campaign, you'll have to make up their stats yourself.

There won't be any official stats, because Pariahs have been removed from 40K lore with the last Necorn codex. If you want to use them in your campaign, you'll have to make up their stats yourself.

What he said, those oldcron units were unfortunately withdrawn in a massive Matt Wardian retcon of the entire necron army. Doesn't however say you can't use them. As a close stat making you might want to use a Lychguard for their melee potency as base line stats with the majority of the talents and stuff intact (Available in one of the Deathwatch books somewhere as well) and replace their weapons loadout from shield and blade to a Warscythe,

Warscythe statline, if used in range is a bog standard gauss blaster but in melee is where it gets interesting. Fluff of that says it just slices through most things so will need an obscenely high pen and it's a two handed weapon so probably 2D10+ something, Pen 20 (ish). Stories have said of this thing tearing a hole in tanks like a knife through butter so if a guy gets hit by this then their armour won't protect them.

Oh and you have to remember to give it the untouchable trait, immunity from all psychic powers and none can be used within X distance :)

Warscythe stats can be found in Tome of Fate p.121 or The Outer Reach p.131

Tome of Fate version : 2d10+17 E; Pen 9, (Felling [3], Power Field, Unbalanced), when you add Necrons Str+UnStr bonus to this it is quite damage dealer.

The Outer Reach version : Warscythe (2d10+8 E; Pen 9 (Felling [1], Power Field, Unwieldy), As DW had little bit differend Unnatural Characteristic this doesn't have high Felling score and I removed the Necrons Strength bonus from this as it was calculated to it.

This version is the new that doesn't got the inbuild Gauss Blaster that Necron Pariahs had but it should be easy to just add Gauss Blaster stats as Ranged option.

Also you can find Lychguard stats from ToF p.115 or The Outer Reach p.131 (but I would propably use ToF Lychguard as it is BC supplemental book.)

Just remember that Necrons Pariahs have always been more easier to kill that normal Necron as they are humans turned to machine. So they might have normal Regeneration trait of Necron but no Reanimation Protocol trait , that is optional rule for Necrons.

Reanimation Protocol rules can be found in Tome of Fate p.115 or the Outer Reach p.119

If you want to add Untouchable trait , only place I quickly found it was in Disciples of the Dark Gods (Dark Heresy 1ed) p.28

How to port it to Black Crusade can be found in Black Crusade CRB p. 280

In nut shell:

Psychic Invulnerability (Immunity to Psychic powers or energies, Possession, Sorcery, Corruption from Warp Shock)

- But you can always pick telekinetically a huge rock and drop it on the character, Indirect is always one way =)

Psychic Distruption (if ported to BC; Inside 5 metre radius all Psykers gain -5 to Psy Rating, Creatures subject to Warp Instability suffer double damage)

Just remember that Necrons Pariahs have always been more easier to kill that normal Necron as they are humans turned to machine. So they might have normal Regeneration trait of Necron but no Reanimation Protocol trait , that is optional rule for Necrons.

Reanimation Protocol rules can be found in Tome of Fate p.115 or the Outer Reach p.119

If you want to add Untouchable trait , only place I quickly found it was in Disciples of the Dark Gods (Dark Heresy 1ed) p.28

How to port it to Black Crusade can be found in Black Crusade CRB p. 280

You say they are easier to kill, they did have TB5 on tabletop :)

I also don't like how Warscythes have now been hit by the nerfbat to the face. Pen 9 is pathetic given that their original 3E implementation stated:

"There are no saving throws of any sort (including invulnerable saves) allowed against Warscythes"

- Necron Codex, P14

The Warscythe was never a massive damage dealer since it was using their SB of 5 which isn't stupidly high (besides the extra 2D6 versus vehicles), it was just a guaranteed damage dealer (if it hit) which is why I'd suggest raising the pen so it makes terminator armour obsolete and makes a hole in tanks, which again sticks with the idea of this weapon and preventing any field saves or parry being used against this weapon but that's because I prefer to go by a fluff definition of a weapon capability.

Also, Untouchable has been brought back within DH2 (DH2 Core Rulebook, P91) as a player usable stat. Effectively grants resistance to psychic powers (not immunity), hammers your FEL interaction, immune to phenomenon and grants high resistance to perils. Seems a little underwhelming if you ask me since they are effectively a "No Warp" zone as opposed to minor resistance. There is something in Rogue Trader though which has stats for a Culexus Assassin who were about the same level of Anti-Psyker as they were which I'm currently locating in the vast amount of documents at my disposal but that might be better.

Edited by Calgor Grim

Thanks for the advice.

Shame they removed the Pariahs. Odd move on Ward's part, even for him.

There is something in Rogue Trader though which has stats for a Culexus Assassin who were about the same level of Anti-Psyker as they were which I'm currently locating in the vast amount of documents at my disposal but that might be better.

So I finally managed to locate it in my archives and holy hell! The powered up version of Untouchable is:

"Wholly negates all psychic abilities in a radius equal to their WP bonus in meters"

Yep, go with that version!

Edited by Calgor Grim

It's worth noting that in fluff there are various tiers of power of the Pariah/Untouchable gene. Culexus assassins (and presumably the Necron Pariahs themselves) were generally recruited from the strongest of these. However, even Untouchables of low power were shown to be personally invulnerable to psychic powers and were unable to be physically touched by demons (without great pain on the demon's part, at least).