Next base set

By Ken_Masters, in UFS General Discussion

I think NewFS is ta'hawtness, fo realz! I'm excited for the new Soul Cal set this month, as well as the Store Championship happening in Santa Cruz, CA at Epic Adventure Games next Saturday.

That said, i would really love to see UFS release Street Fighter IV sometime early 2010. Would love to see "iconic" characters Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Guile become Starter Packs, with Abel, C.Viper, and the other two (Luchadore and Fat Guy...sorry, i'm spacing on their names. llorando.gif ) release as Booster characters. And, fo sho, i need me my Promo Characters: Akuma, M.Bison, Gouken, and 15 (think that's the new baddy's name...doh!).

Seriously, this set would be amazing!

And, can i also say that i'm waiting for Hata and Steve to design and release Law and Lei Wu Long as promo Tekken characters? Lei could easily use Tira's action card mechanic to simulate his 5-Animal Style Fist, and - heck, we already have 2 of Law's attacks released to us. Why not release Law, riiiight? gran_risa.gif

InsanoFlex said:

The reason I got into this game was for Street Fighter so im struggling right now with only Soul Cal and Tekken, oh and that other set with that guy from kill bill. The sooner we get another street fighter or even another SNK set the better for me.

Quit being selfish. Learn to love your fellow licenses as equals.

Also, I truly won't mind Soul Cal and Tekken having starters, but by the time March or April rolls around, whenever it is we have starters, we better **** well have CONFIRMED word on the older licenses by then.

MarcoPulleaux said:

InsanoFlex said:

The reason I got into this game was for Street Fighter so im struggling right now with only Soul Cal and Tekken, oh and that other set with that guy from kill bill. The sooner we get another street fighter or even another SNK set the better for me.

Quit being selfish. Learn to love your fellow licenses as equals.

Also, I truly won't mind Soul Cal and Tekken having starters, but by the time March or April rolls around, whenever it is we have starters, we better **** well have CONFIRMED word on the older licenses by then.

Bad developer and publisher is bad.

Since we still dont have any sets that have as many released as street fighter i really could card less if we dont see those sets for a few more releases but for crying out loud where the Darkstalkers and the SNK weve had what 2 darkstalkers sets so far?

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Since we still dont have any sets that have as many released as street fighter i really could card less if we dont see those sets for a few more releases but for crying out loud where the Darkstalkers and the SNK weve had what 2 darkstalkers sets so far?

Honestly, I'd put out some SF promos if they're still available. I don't mind people not wanting a SF set, but it is the set where most of the characters I like are from, so I'd definitely enjoy it more than anything else.

SNK and Darkstalkers is sorely needed, though.

Street Fighter IV set centered around the new characters (Fuerte and company) better show up soon or UFS sucks forever

TheGoddamnBatman said:

Street Fighter IV set centered around the new characters (Fuerte and company) better show up soon or UFS sucks forever

I wouldn't go that far, man. UFS has never been better than it is right now at this moment. Sure, Fire is incredibly strong, but you can still 'play' against it. Anyone remember Void Control, or even just recently Order Lockdown? You couldn't 'play' against those decks...you just ended up watching your opponent do things on their turn (and yours). Now, however, the Meta is wide open and innovation is rewarded.

Sure, i would LOVE to have SFIVmake an appearance, even via Promo Characters (again, I want my Gouken character card!). That said, we have a plethora of really incredible characters to choose and play from right now.

I'm really diggin' it!

RockStar said:

TheGoddamnBatman said:

I wouldn't go that far, man. UFS has never been better than it is right now at this moment. Sure, Fire is incredibly strong, but you can still 'play' against it. Anyone remember Void Control, or even just recently Order Lockdown? You couldn't 'play' against those decks...you just ended up watching your opponent do things on their turn (and yours). Now, however, the Meta is wide open and innovation is rewarded.

Sure, i would LOVE to have SFIVmake an appearance, even via Promo Characters (again, I want my Gouken character card!). That said, we have a plethora of really incredible characters to choose and play from right now.

I'm really diggin' it!

yeah from a game design stand point i love the game about as much as i ever have...even though i was digging it back in the wind rush days and i think thats when it was in its prime...back in like 07 i believe....its getting close now but there are still a few problems that need to be adressed

but from a fanboy stand point i can see why people are complaining i got into the game for soul caliber mainly so im not dissapointed at all on that front but if you have the licenses why not make everyone happy and even release every set in a row or some sort of system

Like Shadowar, Soul cal, Tekken, street fighter, SNK, darkstalkers,........then repeat or maybe use the bigger licenses twice in the rotation then repeat again

This game needs more flower-loving Japanese Quagmires.

*shameless giggity giggity is shameless*

MarcoPulleaux said:

This game needs more flower-loving Japanese Quagmires.

*shameless giggity giggity is shameless*

I can't complain, I got exactly what I wanted out of that particular franchise (GALFOOOOOOOOOORD) even though he played badly (but had one of the strongest attacks in the game). However, the character I'd love to see the most isn't in V so I won't ever see it.

Out of KoF, I didn't get squat (I wanted Clark and Ralf. I got Ralf playable in Standard for... what, half a year? If that? Also, Duke only got a promo.)

Out of SF, I got what I wanted somewhat, but most of it was unplayable (Hello Dudley and pack Codys, for example.)

Out of Darkstalkers, I'm not exactly a fan of the franchise so I can't complain there, but I'd like a non-mill Bishamon. Or a Huitzil that's not based on being dang I'm huge son.

Out of Soul Calibur, the lack of playable Voldo, Rock, Yoshimitsu (solved in the next set) amongst others makes me want to rage massively against the franchise.

Out of Tekken 6, I can't complain, 3 of the characters I liked to play are featured (Kazuya, Paul and King).

Yeah, I look forward to when we get those licenses back and when James re-designs all of those characters to function as they would in the game.

Yeah there've been competitive Kens in the past, but none that were straight-up rushdown like Ken really is.

I've had fun with a lot of characters, but the only ones I can think of that I felt functioned the way they should were Yoshitora*, Xianghua*, and Raphael*.

I'd really love a Setsuka who was busted like she is in both SC4 and Broken Destiny.

I am hoping they get the rights to Mortal Combat

Then you haven't figured how to run Cody or Voldo right I crush in legacy with both

MarcoPulleaux said:

Yeah, I look forward to when we get those licenses back and when James re-designs all of those characters to function as they would in the game.

Yeah there've been competitive Kens in the past, but none that were straight-up rushdown like Ken really is.

I've had fun with a lot of characters, but the only ones I can think of that I felt functioned the way they should were Yoshitora*, Xianghua*, and Raphael*.

I'd really love a Setsuka who was busted like she is in both SC4 and Broken Destiny.

Ken5 was rushdown until DOTE got banned lol. That deck was brutal, once DOTE hit the board you had an average of 1 turn to kill him.

"Then you haven't figured how to run Cody or Voldo right I crush in legacy with both"

He's talking about the Pack Codys, which were pretty bad (the 6HS one was okay but still junk compared to the promos). And with Voldo he was just referring to playability, not to quality - aka the fact that there is no Voldo currently playable. Mill Voldo in block 2 and Promo Rock in block 1 were monstrous and definitely strong decks for sure, but neither character is represented whatsoever now.

I remember Ken5 DotE. Still not the same kind of rushdown, especially since ANYBODY packing DotE - Dark Hado more often than not wound up becoming "rush down". I guess I meant more "balanced" rushdown lol.

Tagrineth said:

He's talking about the Pack Codys, which were pretty bad (the 6HS one was okay but still junk compared to the promos). And with Voldo he was just referring to playability, not to quality - aka the fact that there is no Voldo currently playable. Mill Voldo in block 2 and Promo Rock in block 1 were monstrous and definitely strong decks for sure, but neither character is represented whatsoever now.

I rolled the 6 HS one, actually. His momentum gen ability was retarded strong and ending strings with Final Destruction was hilarious just with that ability. Did he compare to the promos? Hell no.

But he was fun.

MarcoPulleaux said:

I remember Ken5 DotE. Still not the same kind of rushdown, especially since ANYBODY packing DotE - Dark Hado more often than not wound up becoming "rush down". I guess I meant more "balanced" rushdown lol.

I only ran Dark Hado in my build because it shared both Fire and Void. All 15 attacks in my build were 2ccs with Powerful:2 or better. Rushdown 100+ damage attack pen lunge pen lunge game 2?

Homme Chapeau said:

Tagrineth said:

I rolled the 6 HS one, actually. His momentum gen ability was retarded strong and ending strings with Final Destruction was hilarious just with that ability. Did he compare to the promos? Hell no.

But he was fun.

By far, the best version I saw of this was appropriately AirCody's deck that used said character and easily stacked the 2 promos. He could consistently wreck so much face with 0-3 foundations. For the record, getting reversed with multiple three Criminal Uppercut hurts...alot.

ROTBI said:

By far, the best version I saw of this was appropriately AirCody's deck that used said character and easily stacked the 2 promos. He could consistently wreck so much face with 0-3 foundations. For the record, getting reversed with multiple three Criminal Uppercut hurts...alot.

Rolled that AND FD. Turn 2 FDs made everyone around here hate me.