Data & Destiny at Worlds?

By Evilgaz, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Howdy!

Aside from the German language version appearing at Essen and those lucky folk who went to GenCon and got a copy - any news on when D&D will land?

I'm in the UK and travelling to Worlds in three weeks (eek) and could do with knowing when / if I'll be able to get my hands on Data & Destiny cards. The way it's looking I may have to try and get some in the States while I'm there!

Any official word on legality and availability of the new cards?

Thanks!

Gaz

Habe to wait for the FAQ but it will most likely be legal.

Fully expect it to be legal by then, but I've not seen any official word either way.

I tried all over to find the post itself but someone linked a quote from Steve Horvath (tweet?) a week or so after GenCon that said that the box would be legal for Worlds. I honestly expected it to be out a week ago, but it hasn't even switched to "Now Shipping" yet. I am starting to feel less and less confident that quote will come true. They typically don't have a long delay between cycle conclusion and deluxe release, so I am starting to be concerned there may be some shipping issues again.

Well the release date was September 2015, but as we all know by now that didn't happen. :(

Emphasis is mine

FAQ 2.2 covers all releases up through Data and Destiny. There are no changes to the tournament rules at this time, other than to note that Data and Destiny will be legal at the 2015 World Championship .

Edited by Tekwych

So this means at the very least , that copies of it will have to be available for purchase at the venue. This may be of particular necessity for international competitors who experience delayed distribution in their home venues.

Well it is out now. So one would assume there would be enough time to play with all the new cards before worlds. I think the Mumbad cycle will be the only cards not legal at worlds.

They released the Worlds updates to the FAQ and Tournament Rules which state that D&D is legal.

edit: this exact fact was stated twelve days ago so I'm kind of at a loss as to what you are trying to say, or why it would need to be said that Mumbad isn't legal when it isn't remotely close to being released.

Edited by Grimwalker

They released the Worlds updates to the FAQ and Tournament Rules which state that D&D is legal.

edit: this exact fact was stated twelve days ago so I'm kind of at a loss as to what you are trying to say, or why it would need to be said that Mumbad isn't legal when it isn't remotely close to being released.

Because there might be a pre-release sale at Worlds much like many players can get Data and Destiny at Gencon but Data and Destiny was not legal for nationals.

I suppose that's possible. I'd be jazzed. :D Also it looks like they'll be launching a new draft pool at Worlds which will certainly have some Mumbad cards in it, so there'll be some of those floating around.