storage

By themattman, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

Could i get some ideas on what others have chosen to store the Armada fleets in?

Feldherr - Hard shell case is amazing quality

KR Multicase - One of the best known in GW circles.
BattleFoam - Posibly the best cases on the market
Games Plus - New comer to the market. No hands on yet
I own cases from the first three and would be willing to recommend any of them depending on your needs. Each company has a different 'standard size' for their trays and most will not work between manufactures.
I use the trays for shelf storage and then place those try I need for that days gaming into a case.

I might try the 4th to test it out. I think the biggest issue is where will all the tokens go.

Felhderr makes a storage case, like a Planno box, that is the size of a tray.

Go to wallmart and check out the fishing isle. You will thank me later ;)

I like to use a combo of Sirwillibald.com Tuck boxes and Really useful boxes (4Litre) . I get a lot of compliments on how great of a solution it is. I really need to take some pictures and upload them one day.

Does it have space for the behemoth known as the ISD?

Yes*

* A quick trip to the tool isle may be needed.

Finally got around to taking some pics of my Storage and posting it in the original thread for SirWilli's tuckboxes but I figured I would show it here as well.

While we wait for wave 2 I figured I would show my tuckboxes.

This is one of every ship and two squadron packs from the core set and wave one. I pack them into 2 - 4 liter "really usefulboxes" and then put them in an old backpack for easy carrying.

qhPZV2g.jpg?1

TTGof7l.jpg?1

U8gISjC.jpg?1

I picked up battlefoam when I got my cores. I have been using if for my Flames of War and Hordes Trollbloods, so I knew what I was getting. My only complaint presently is they have been slow to release additional specialty trays for Armada, and custom cut trays are a bit expensive comparatively. Someone at my Sullust event promised to share his templates for the Wave 2 ships that he had ordered from Battlefoam, but I haven't seen the post yet.