Crisis card clarification

By iguanaboy911, in Battlestar Galactica

A quick question regarding Crisis cards that show how Cylon ships are to be arranged on the board. If a card is drawn and shows a ship (a Basestar for example) where one is already placed, do I add an additional ship to that space or simply leave the ship so that the board matches the card? My inclination is to add additional ships, even though this would leave the board with a different arrangement than the card. I think this is more in line with the theme of the game. Please advise.

It's not intended to merely match the card. The ships on the card are all added, regardless of what's already on the board. The only exception is you run out of plastic units, in which case the current player chooses where available units are placed. For example, if you have one basestar already out and the crisis attack card shows two basestars in set up, you can only add one more basestar; the current player decides which one is placed.

It's not intended to merely match the card. The ships on the card are all added, regardless of what's already on the board. The only exception is you run out of plastic units, in which case the current player chooses where available units are placed. For example, if you have one basestar already out and the crisis attack card shows two basestars in set up, you can only add one more basestar; the current player decides which one is placed.

Yes. Only add what you have the ability to add.

Thanks, this was my question for this game too. The rules aren't 110% clear on that and I was wondering if we were cheating by only adding what we could or if we were cheating by choosing what bits we could add!