BINARY SOUNDS

By LETE, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Hello!

Wouldn't it be nice to know what you guys/ladies think Binary chatter sounds like (our esteemed Priesthood of Mars' curious language), does it sound like a certain diminutive & famously all-purpose white & blue droid, mortals sounding a lot of "zero-one" stuff, or something else?

Thanks!

L

Who?

Go get a modem and listen to its pretty screaming. It's pretty much the most efficient form of communication based on sonic transmission (though Techpriests may or may not add infra- and ultrasonic to the frequency range, depending on what the communication partner is capable of hearing).

Cifer said:

Go get a modem and listen to its pretty screaming. It's pretty much the most efficient form of communication based on sonic transmission (though Techpriests may or may not add infra- and ultrasonic to the frequency range, depending on what the communication partner is capable of hearing).

A modem! Who woulda thunk! But you really need a voice modulator for that!

Thanks a lot!!

L

The little sounds and noises that the shipboard computer in the movie Alien does. It has a very "binary" feel to it:

www.youtube.com/watch

Also, I've been playing an Explorator in an online campaign, and I tracked down this voice changer software. I tweaked around with the settings until I nailed a robotic sounding voice. So each time I speak in-game the others hear a voice which really sounds like a techpriest voice.

Hard to do IRL perhaps, but for online playing it can really add a bit to the atmosphere. happy.gif

A modem! Who woulda thunk! But you really need a voice modulator for that!

Well, guess why the respirator unit (complete with vox synthesizer) is standard issue for every techpriest.

Yes!!!

Thanks

Lete

...I forget...