Rules?

By Phototoxin, in Rules Questions

I was told that the 1E was pretty complex, how likely is it that the rules will be available as a PDF on this site? - I want to see how convoluted it is before trying to play it with my GOT loving GF

For the record, the rules in 1.0 were not particularly complex. Individual card interactions could be, and people had a tendency to learn the outcomes of those interactions as "rules" or "exceptions" that had to be memorized, rather than learning why the framework of the rules resulted in those outcomes.

Well, 1.0 did have some legacy rulings dating back from the CCG that weren't really available anywhere, some 'spaghetti-code' fixes slapped on to address issues that hadn't really been anticipated... and while it certainly worked, I'm very glad they've been able to apply some of the lessons learned from over a decade of card games (and 7 of LCG) to polish it up and smoothen out many of the rough edges.

I will say, the " Rules Reference " guide is quite a technical document, so take the "warning" in there seriously - consult it as a guide when you're not sure how to resolve a situation that shows up in the game - but if you want to get a grasp on the rules, just check out the Learn to Play guide , or, if you're less of a reader you can check out the tutorial video .

Thanks everyone :-)