Multiple Core Games?

By Dwnhmcntryboy, in BattleLore

Hey guys really new to Battlelore..in fact I have not even purchased it yet. BUT..I have a buddy who is in love with Memoir '44 he has 2 of almost every expansion. Is that recomended for B2e? How much of what should I purchase if I want to have every legal combination for every army?

Thanks in advance!
Tex

I own two copies, but I don't think having two copies is a priority. Of course it depends of which type of gamer you are, but I think you can get more value for your money if you buy the already available expansions. In any case, I would suggest to play the base box for a few games before deciding. The reason why I have two copies is because as soon as I have time, which at this point probably means next Christmas holidays, I'd like to design some "Breakthrough" scenario for BL (name it to your friend, he knows what I mean).

every legal combination for every army

Things can get very expensive and silly if you want to cover every possible combination. An army of 6 Roc Warriors (a perfectly legal, but questionable 48-point army) will set you back 6 Core sets.

I think you'll be fine with 1 copy of any Battlelore 2nd Edition product. Elite and Legend units will be fairly limited but I think that's in keeping with them being the big, "special" guys. 2 Core sets will leave you with what will most likely be way more archers and cavalry than you'll ever want to use, more infantry than you're likely to need, etc. The Core set + the Daqan/Uthuk army packs give you plenty of options for army building. Consider adding the Waiqar army packs and/or the neutral reinforcements when you want still more options.

Edited by Daverman

If you factor in the mercenaries one of each item should be plenty to choose from but after playing you might find a unit you want more of.