All FFG Art Assets?

By Hordeoverseer, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I noticed that a lot of the art is recycled art assets from their RPG and board game line, which is fine. It's a bit disappointing that they draw from some art that has already been used, but you can't fault them for reusing good art. I was just wondering, are any of the art in the game non-FFG? Like directly from Games Workshop (codex and etc) directly any the like?

Yes. FFG has usage rights for all GW artwork and the right to create their own.

I dont mind much as the artwork is killer. :

And to be fair, FFG also hire artists to produce a lot of unique art for their games.

Particularly for the RPG books.

Our designer, Brad Andres, has stated that if there already exists a piece of art that's entirely appropriate for a card (e.g., White Scars Bikers), then they just use that. But, if it's more fitting to use something unique, and that which already exists doesn't quite fit the theme or depiction they're going for, then they simply commission something new.

Personally, I would prefer they would use something in-house, if something were to be reused. It's just my biggest concern if they use say...Named character A art to represent Action card B.