Mature Zakkeg

By Blackbird888, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Has anybody used the mature Zakkeg stats in Operation: Shadowpoint? If so, I'm wondering how it went. Did anybody try to throw down with it? I'm putting together some adversaries and creatures and I'm wondering how daunting something with 45 WT and 40 ST is.

An untrained, non-Force sensitive PC with a lightsaber killed it in two combat checks ;) That's how it went for me!

(It was two critical injuries in a row: Hamstrung and Knocked Senseless . Another PC stabbed it for 1 damage and activated the Winded crit, making the Zakkeg truly and utterly helpless. I hand-waved the rest of the encounter)

Well that's some really good rolling. You should maybe check those dice to see if they're loaded.

Of course a Lightsaber is going to make mincemeat out of everything and anything, what with Breach, as it probably should.

Now if they didn't have that...

They would have died :)

We killed it with a regular Heavy Blaster Rifle, a regular Medium Blaster Pistol and (from the explorer book) the Lancer Sporting Blaster and the big slugthrower hunting rifle. Me and the other guy with a pistol just hoped to generate enough advantages to strip it's armour setback dice, then the guys with rifles did damage. A couple of lucky crits saved us by slowing it right down allowing us to strike and retreat. Still took forever.

The next day I posted my account somewhere here and the adventure designer confided that we were never meant to fight it, the stats were just for comparative purposes!

Still, impressed them local boys.

Since my group has some heavy hitters, I buffed the mature zakkeg with Adversary 4, Soak 13, 60 WT, and 45 ST. I forgot to add the setbacks, but those probably only would've given the zakkeg one more turn.

Here's how the fight went down .

Sorry for the necroposting, but i got similar concern

In "what i've planned for the campaign", Kavia Slen asked for a mature zakkeg's head (she need them to impress beast riders and let her use a ghost village as a stocking area for some illegal purpose). They probably will go to dxun next 1 or 2 session

they still have the option of finding alternate place for Kavia, so they don't need to fight the zakkeg and can run away if the fight goes wrong

i'm planning on putting one or a couple of immature zakkeg in front of them so to test their skill and let them know what they are facing. If immature goes down hardly, sure they will flee when seeing the mature.

They got one soresu defender with an ilum crystal lightsaber, one sniper with heavy blaster rifle with some damage mod, plus one melee with a couple of modded vibroknife, so should not be too hard.

They already killed a juvenile acklay (with only 6 soak and without the six-armed talent) with little problems, but they had just a training lightsaber and umnodded weapons. Ok soak 11 is way worse than soak 6, but i'm pretty confident they could face it and survive.

I probably will put the zakkeg in a cave or something, so they can't use skyhopper nor speeder bike to fight it, but also mean they can flee and zakkeg will not likely pursue them... asuming they will...

They should do fine. Fighting it in the cave may be giving it the advantage (limited range means the sniper may have to get uncomfortably close [cackle]).

The chap with the lightsaber, what defensive talents does he/she have? My diplomat (no combat skills, average wound/soak so probably not remotely comparable) had Dodge x2 and 1 Melee Defence and the thing easily one-shotted her.

Edited by Col. Orange

We had two iirc, the first one was short work for our two light saber users, the second was attracted by us killing the first one. Planetary scale weapons vaporized it in 'one' shot, link, critical, tons of successes, the poor thing stood no chance. We did not even tried to bring the second back to the beast riders camp, but still used our stolen Lambda to bring the first one back, as this was "fairly" hunted down in close combat with light sabers and not star ship weapons.

They should do fine. Fighting it in the cave may be giving it the advantage (limited range means the sniper may have to get uncomfortably close [cackle]).

The chap with the lightsaber, what defensive talents does he/she have? My diplomat (no combat skills, average wound/soak so probably not remotely comparable) had

Dodge x2 and 1 Melee Defence and the thing easily one-shotted her.

The Jedi is a Soresu Defender, so a couple of Parry, Reflect and Improved Parry; also Defensive Circle and like. Oh and Sense power with upgrade who increase defense/add black dice to attacker's pool... (it's a bit tanky, i suppose :P )

The Jedi is a Soresu Defender, so a couple of Parry, Reflect and Improved Parry; also Defensive Circle and like. Oh and Sense power with upgrade who increase defense/add black dice to attacker's pool... (it's a bit tanky, i suppose :P )

I think they'll do great. :D

In my experience, I have noticed two things:

1) Non-starting character characters run roughshod over some points in the box set and the follow up game

2) Jedi run roughshod over some points in the box set and the follow up game.

Coming into the game with 275XP really allows them to color outside the lines.