Navigators and guiding multiple ships

By Santiago, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Hi,

I was wondering since I want my charactersto end up with multiple ships, some smaller and their capital ship, the question is: Can one Navigator located on the main ship guide multiple ship through the warp with a good comm system (which should be tricky at best in the warp).

GrtZ,

Santiago...

ps. Sorry, the book hasn't arrived here yet...darn PS Games

No each ship need it's own navigator. That said if the ships enter the warp together the other Navigator can follow the lead ship. An option for multiple ships is for the main ship to have a more powerful geller field, and for the other ships to travel within the main ships field. In my games it not uncommon for large ships to carry numerous other docked ships through the warp.

Not as such, though they can follow the leader (with their own Navigators), though they're likely to scatter when reentering the Materium. A major point of Imperial Fleet operations is rendevousing in deep space/ system boundaries before major engagements, and it's always a bit of a gamble how many will turn up in time or where, like in the middle of that Ork Fleet... The first ship/s to arrive run the biggest risk as they arrive blind, whilst the same warp discharge that blinds them alerts everone else in the vecinity to an arrival.

But empty or damaged ships in Warp, have been bought out.

Can a person travel between ships in the Warp? or do one ship pull (by wires) the empty out of Warp?

getting out of warp is easy. throw the switch on the drive.

Knowing where you are and when to do so is much harder. Without a navigator, you can go a handful of lightyears. With a navigator, you can go thousands.