Marius Gaius...

By Immortal-JyNxX, in UFS General Discussion

Currently he's just ok.. But in legacy off of Fire!! He could have taken a few championships... MG would loooooove Absurd Strength, Irresistible Force, Kung Fu Training....

If it's the guy I think it is, he also loves Tei Lei Iron Thunder, Bererker Rage, Pillage, The Dragon of Mt. Lao, Warrior's Path...

Just because an action card doesn't pump something by more than 5 damage or 3 speed it doesn't make him not viable now :-p

Actually Marius made top 2 at a local event last sunday (since our group had no problems with it). the build was earth based with all attacks being throws. actions were base hold, ready for launch and no forgiveness.

kiit said:

Actually Marius made top 2 at a local event last sunday (since our group had no problems with it). the build was earth based with all attacks being throws. actions were base hold, ready for launch and no forgiveness.

I can attest that it is very playable. Perhaps not top tier (i.e. the same deck with King 'may' naturally be better granted extra attack may be better than recursive action and damage/speed pump), but VERY playable nonetheless.

I can attest becuase I was also in the top 2 and beat it... albeit barely... albeit very bad luck. Albeit it was still a strong contender.

- dut

dutpotd said:

kiit said:

I can attest that it is very playable. Perhaps not top tier (i.e. the same deck with King 'may' naturally be better granted extra attack may be better than recursive action and damage/speed pump), but VERY playable nonetheless.

I can attest becuase I was also in the top 2 and beat it... albeit barely... albeit very bad luck. Albeit it was still a strong contender.

- dut

10 yard penalty for abuse of the word "albeit". Dut maintains possesion, still 3rd down.

And ROTBI wins the thread for the first football reference I've seen on these boards. GO G-MEN !!!!

What are the stats on Marius, when was he posted, and most importantly, when/how was he released?

Don't know when/how he was released, but ShadowDragon had posted a photo of him a while back.

Here's the stat line:

Marius Gaius*

6 Handsize, 28 Vitality

6 Difficulty, 6 Control

All, Earth, Fire

E Commit 1 foundation: Your attack gets +X speed and +X damage. X equals the number of actions in your card pool.

R : After your attack deals 5 or more damage to your opponent, take 1 action card from your discard pile and add it to your hand.

Danke, danke. And thank you.

I will find a way to break this character! gran_risa.gif

Gaius Marius said:

Yeah you kinda have to.

Dragon of Mt. Lao + his ability + low-check attacks = Ow.

If you play Marius you gotta have BIG ROMAN BALLS.

Homme Chapeau said:

Gaius Marius said:

Yeah you kinda have to.

Dragon of Mt. Lao + his ability + low-check attacks = Ow.

If you play Marius you gotta have BIG ROMAN BALLS.

No Forgiveness (I like the option to keep pulling this one back....) and Berserker Rage also look appealing. Tons of options here.

He hasn't been released officially yet. He is however on coolstuffinc.com as well as most of the other un-released promo characters for Shadow War.

When will he (and the others) be released? If they're already on CoolStuff , they should put them up on prize support as well, so that they can be used... How can something be on the secondary market before it hits prize support (barring a printing error like the ones people have been talking about)??? O.o

Printing error i believe.

LordAggro said:

When will he (and the others) be released? If they're already on CoolStuff , they should put them up on prize support as well, so that they can be used... How can something be on the secondary market before it hits prize support (barring a printing error like the ones people have been talking about)??? O.o

The same reason CSI has spoilers for every card in a set before the set is released. The same reason cards have gone up on Ebay with pictures and what not. Leaks, printer errors, bribes... I dunno but that's how the secondary market works ;o)

I don't know about you, bro, but if the secondary market already has them available, I would at the very least make them legal so that folks could actually, I don't know, use them? Especially since you don't really turn a profit from prize support...