New Weapons I Made

By Dalerik, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hey everyone, i thought up some items that weren't in the game which have gotten some requests from players over time and i just home-brewed, well enough of them were made i decided to make a small list of them.

These are just the first versions and I'm hoping that you guys are willing to tweak it if you feel necessary, please as always suggest your thoughts, ADD WEAPONS (or other items) for everyone else to see and help make the game more extensive.

anyone with the link can comment so feel free. of course commenting here is no problem either.

P.S. a few rules were added here as well

have a good day

Google Doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Cani-CwLedpQT8NXkKXThye4I2z8WWb7gI-6hndF8I/edit

One of my characters is a florist, so I custom-made giant hedge-clippers. I could add them if I can find the sheet,

Hedgeklippers (+5 quality): A giant set of hedge clippers, used for fighting the most tenacious of weeds.

Damage: 190

Req. STR (two-handed) 10

SPD: -85

Fort: 37, Breakage: 14, Presence: 90

Type: Large Sword

Primary/Secondary: Cut/Impact

Special: Complex, Trapping weapon

That's what I have written. If anything looks wrong, it may be my error. I had it figured as a +5 quality so the quality changes are included, but I might not have them all written here.

Hedgeklippers (+5 quality): A giant set of hedge clippers, used for fighting the most tenacious of weeds.

Damage: 190

Req. STR (two-handed) 10

SPD: -85

Fort: 37, Breakage: 14, Presence: 90

Type: Large Sword

Primary/Secondary: Cut/Impact

Special: Complex, Trapping weapon

That's what I have written. If anything looks wrong, it may be my error. I had it figured as a +5 quality so the quality changes are included, but I might not have them all written here.

That damage though.... 190, hope thats an error.

Im glad i logged on to see this, i even like the description.
Hmm, I'm looking at two handed axe, +100 damage, -70 initiative.

Theres probably something he knows that he's not telling us?

If I recall how I figured, I looked at the two-handed sword for a reference. If you're using clippers where each blade is the size of a two handed sword wouldn't the stats (including damage) be similar to dual wielding? Difference is the difficulty in using.

Maybe make it combined Large/Improvised type, instead of just Large. Makes sense.

Is there a formula for making weapons? Is there a ruling on what a good ratio of stats? If there is, it would be helpful. If not, I'll keep it as written. Unless someone tells me how to fix it, I can't in good faith change it.

Honestly I would say... no. Far to overpowered for a basic weapon that you can just learn from the get go.

Here take a look at what others have already made regarding this. Sure the damage looks low but you gotta remember you still need to apply str bonuses, Ki bonuses(Aura extension, increased damage, etc) quality bonuses. Your weapon was at 180 (190 with the quality of 5 i guess it already has.) But of course by all means include your own weapon in your own games if you want to have a weapon with the same base damage higher then pretty much any weapon of legend.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/59154-chinese-horoscope-impossible-weapons-magnus/#entry1735521

JĪ (ROOSTER): GIANT SCISSORS

Requirements: Attack 120+.

Base Weapon: None.

Cost: 20 MK: 20

Base Damage: 65. Speed: +5.

Primary: Cut. Secondary: Thrust.

Breakage: 7. Fortitude: 17.

Req. Str: 8 Presence: 25.

Special: Damage, Complex, Two-Handed, Trap Weapons, Cutting Trap, Cutting Crush.

Damage: Despite being used Two-Handed, Jī only applies once the Strength Bonus of the user to the Base Damage.

Cutting Trap: Jī can be used to make Trap Attacks without suffering any attack penalty nor any damage reduction and with an equivalent Strength of 12.

Cutting Crush: Double the Damage inflicted by Jī when making a Crush maneuver on a Trapped opponent and add +30 to any Critical Level inflicted by it.

Quality: Jī is affected from quality as normal.

JĪ MAGISTER

Requirements: Jī, Dexterity 11+, Attack 200+.

Base Weapon: None.

Cost: 30 MK: 30

Choose 3 of the following advantages.

Limb Cutter: Halves penalties for aimed attacks directed at limbs and neck and grants +30 to Critical Level of Criticals inflicted on the same locations.

Scissors Master: Jī attacks lose the Complex special rule.

Three in a Cut: When making an Area Attack against three or less opponents, a Jī user can apply the Cutting Trap special rule to all three.

Thrust Mastery: Thrust attacks lose the Secondary Attack Type penalty and apply twice the user’s Strength Bonus as is normal for Two-Handed weapons.

Unbreakable Cut: Raise the Strength used for Trap checks to 14.

Weapon Cutter: All successful Defenses achieved with Jī are followed by an opposed check to disarm the opponent, as if the user made a successful Disarm Maneuver.

Edited by cdcace

It's not a basic weapon. I used 1 CP to allow my character to have it. It's not an artifact, and it really doesn't have any special abilities that would make it something people would drool over. The character is a florist, a gardener, and I wanted him to have a weapon that reflected that.

Plus, the example you show is more powerful than my hedgeklippers once you do the math. It's possible to start a campaign with Ji, and because the requirement is Attack of 120, you can swing twice. The speed of mine is -85 versus the +5 of Ji. So two swings with 65 is 130 damage vs a possible 190 (380, if you assume I swing twice, which sounds brutal, but wait). With a speed of -85 I'll most likely have the lowest initiative. If I spend the DP to get to 100 attack, my defense is so low that I'll constantly be on the defensive, so never get to swing. If I go the other way, my attack is low enough that my odds of hitting are almost nil, but my defense is high enough that I can swing.

Counter-argument, Ambidexterity + two zweihanders (+5) = 200 damage. This nets a higher damage, and better odds of hitting. If you assume an attack of 100, the damage is even higher. Over-all, the CP and DP cost would be the same, but the clippers would fail on the front of practicality.

If I apply the rules from the Core Exxet, the speed of the clippers would be even lower, thereby making them even less practical.

Edited by SIlkentoes

You believe putting two of the same weapons together should stack both their damages together in one attack. Well Anima already has a special maneuver that does this. Check out Multishot for bows. 1 arrow + an additional arrow doesn't equal x2 base damage it only adds +10 damage to the previous arrow. Also the way you use a two-handed sword vs a pair of scissors is completely different so no they wouldnt have the same type of damage. One takes a lot of force and full body motion and using the weight of the sword to land a very hard crushing slice. While the other is more of squeezing and flexing like motions, only relying on your own strength and the combined mechanics of the weapon. The weapon itself doesn't just grant a base damage, its how it would and should be use that those base damages would be calculated. So two zweihanders or w/e you are using would not have near that amount of damage being used as a pair of hedge clippers. Its just simple physics.

Go ahead and keep doing what your group allows, I can't stop you and trying to change your mind won't accomplish anything as neither of us will be swayed most likely.

Though for me, I'll stick with Elrics Idea of giant scissors as it makes more since, that such a weapon would be an impossible weapon module and rely more on the mechanics behind what the weapon can do rather then ridiculously high base damage. One should have to spend sufficient time mastering such a weapon to make it effective, not just be a gardener or florist. I do agree with you the Speed on the Ji is a bit too good for such an awkward weapon to fight with. I'd probably drop it to at least 0 maybe as low as -40.

Edited by cdcace

Oh and Dalerik I apologize for kinda over running your post with a bicker batter between me and the other guy.

I did look through your weapons, I really like those weapons that incorporate bleeding special modifiers. Would bring and interesting flavor to the game I think, will probably incorporate them in my campaign soon if thats alright.

I apologize for sounding like I was bickering. Just trying to understand. Thank you for your reasoning, I can use that to alter the numbers.

I also looked at the weapons Dalerik made. It -is- a good list, but I felt that went without saying.

No worries, this didnt look like bickering to me at least. From where i stand it was just two different approaches to one idea.
i like the thoughts of it, ill have a look myself and maybe contribute my own giant scissors? all i can say now is that damage seems a bit excessive.

I wish I could tell you there was a weapon making formula, I use a general rule of picking a base weapon and try to stay within those ranges.

@cdcace. Yes please use these weapons! that would be great! I hope that more weapons and special rules can show up.

@SIlkentoes. Thank you very much, it makes me happy to hear that.

Please use these for your games, and if theres any special rules you've made? Or would like to propose? Go ahead and post them here. Bleeding has been very useful so far and it would hep diversify styles even further if you guys help add more.

Thank you as always.

Edited by Dalerik

Oh haha I think I misunderstood what you meant by "bleeding" didn't realize you had made your own special rules for it. Bleeding is actually a thing in Anima already of you didn't know already.

" Bleeding Out

When a character receives a critical, he has received a wound so formidable that the damage can become worse due to blood loss – even if he suffers no immediate effects. In such a case, the character loses one additional Life Point per minute until his wounds can be treated and the bleeding stopped. Taking care of bleeding of this type requires a Medicine Check with an Easy Difficulty Level. For every 5 LP lost through bleeding out, the character suffers a –10 penalty. If this bleeding damage causes a character’s LP to drop to zero, he becomes unconscious and enters the state Between Life and Death – although he stops to lose Life Points due to bleeding." Core Book pg 52

Though isn't nearly as effective as what you had in mind.

Edited by cdcace

Yeah, I added a custom rule that allowed certain weapons to cause criticals easier. basically i read the rule for bleeding out and thought maybe i could make a weapon rule around it, since id already had the idea for barbed arrows in my head for awhile. so for example if the Jagged Blade were to inflict a critical, it would also cause the before mentioned Bleeding Out on an opponent.

although honestly, bleeding out is more against the players than for the players in most cases. so if you wanted to hook up your baddies with some jagged blades you could put a little fear into the players.

Notice : within the next week i will be adding more weapons including a thorned whip.