Mirror Matches

By Clowater, in Star Wars: The Card Game

Hey,

I know there aren't any official rules for playing mirror matches, but my friend really likes to play Scum and Villainy while I prefer to use Imperial Navy.

So does anyone have a rule set for playing games of Darkside vs Darkside or even Light vs Light?

Thanks

That would be really difficult to do with the win conditions of the game.

Just hacked together, spur of the moment type thing...

• Choose randomly a player who plays first. The Conflict Phase of the first player's first turn is skipped, the Refresh step of the second player's Refresh Phase on his or her first turn is skipped, and the Balance of the Force begins with the player who goes second.
  • The win conditions have not changed - a Light Side player must have three Objectives in his or her victory pile, and a Dark Side player must advance their Death Star dial to 12 to win the game. In a Light vs. Light game, the Death Star dial remains in play but does not advance (because Trench Run), and in a Dark vs. Dark game, each player has their own Death Star dial that advances during their Balance phase.
  • The effects of the Balance of the Force also do not change, a when the Balance is with a Light Side player, that player may deal 1 damage to an opponent's objective during their Balance Phase, and when the Balance is with a Dark Side player, that player advances the Death Star dial twice during their Balance Phase.
  • If you are a Light Side player, treat your opponent as a Dark Side player for the purposes of cards and effects that specify "Dark Side". Similarly, if you are a Dark Side player, treat your opponent as a Light Side player for the purposes of cards and effects that specify "Light Side."

I don't have a particular interest in playing Light vs Light or Dark vs Dark matches, but I'd be curious to see if this works for you. If you end up using these rules, let me know how they work out!

To be honest. I've tried those exact rules. Just as a "let's play it how it's normally played."

Surprisingly it worked very well, having the spare Death Star dial does help.

I was more curious as to if anyone has one that's more commonly used