A problem with the woodland

By Hamal22, in Talisman Rules Questions

There is an event card call " faerie trod" from that explanation that say you need to replace you're path.

But in the rules of the expansion if I am not in the woodland region I could not have a path .

Can someone help me?

"This card is on the regular deck"

Faerie Trod states you must discard you current Path, if able , and then take a Path from the top of the Path deck. If you have no current Path, you still must draw a new Path. You may have a Path to discard while in the Outer or Middle Region from an earlier drawn Faerie Trod, for example.

You can have a Path while in any Region, but whenever a character with a Path leaves a Region, he must discard his Path card. This just normally occurs when exiting the Woodlands since that is the easiest way of gaining a Path, but on Page 10 of the Woodlands Rulebook, it just states "leaves a Region" to discard the Path.

So I need to take a path?

What is the point of it if I am not in the woodland??

Yes sanity is right... The rules say you must have a path when you are in the Woodland... but they never say you can't have a path in another Region!

Notice that a path card is divided into the upper (travel) effect and the lower (destiny) effect. The travel effect will apply at all times, no matter what Region you're in. The destiny effect applies only when you reach the Meeting with Destiny space in the Woodland. So if you get a path in another Region, you're not going to use your path to try and get a reward. You're going to use it for the travel effect only.

So I need to take a path?

What is the point of it if I am not in the woodland??

The point is that it allows paths to be used outside of the Woodlands thus going through the 3 out for players to see and also including the rules printed on each path card, also (and this is more fun) makes players move around more eg leave a region to get rid of the **** thing hehehe.

Ohh

Thank you very much :)