Save the RPG subforum!

By WHW, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

So, basically, there is a ton of good stuff in the Setting/RPG forums of AEG. Which are hidden away and in danger of never being accessible again. As per AEG's post, it depends on FFG if these things can resurface. Which brings me to the point - is there any way we can beg FFG to make it a-okay for AEG to at put it on at least for limited time?

Agreed.

The way AEG handled the transition makes me very reluctant to do business with them again. There are discussions and ideas I would have saved, links I would have bookmarked, and posters I would have sent a note to or saved contact info for, had I know this was coming.

Opening up the RPG subforums for L5R, even if it's just read-only, would be a major restoration of confidence for me.

Opening up the RPG subforums for L5R, even if it's just read-only, would be a major restoration of confidence for me.

Agreed as well. There is a lot of homebrewed stuff I'd like to have saved in there.

Agreed.

The way AEG handled the transition makes me very reluctant to do business with them again. There are discussions and ideas I would have saved, links I would have bookmarked, and posters I would have sent a note to or saved contact info for, had I know this was coming.

AEG's handling of the transition was incredibly graceless, which is to say it disregarded the fans and was entirely self-protective. but if you thought they'd behave any other way you haven't been paying attention to the way the upper management over there has been treating l5r fans for the last few years.

that said, the l5r brand manager, dave laderoute, is a super good dude and he's staying with AEG (to work on doomtown i think he said) so he's retained in a position to work for the l5r community. he will do his best to do right by the fans and i'm sure that includes access to the rpg stuff. how successful he'll be is anyone's guess but i'm sure its on his radar. he's on facebook here , and he's been active in engaging with fans since the sale so i encourage you to reach out to him either directly or via the l5r fangroup if you're a part of that so that everyone can see the response as i'm sure its a popular question.

Edited by cielago

I'm not, because I believe that Facebook is Literally Satan. So someone else, please, go down that route!

Agreed.

AEG's handling of the transition was incredibly graceless, which is to say it disregarded the fans and was entirely self-protective. but if you thought they'd behave any other way you haven't been paying attention to the way the upper management over there has been treating l5r fans for the last few years.

that said, the l5r brand manager, dave laderoute, is a super good dude and he's staying with AEG (to work on doomtown i think he said) so he's retained in a position to work for the l5r community. he will do his best to do right by the fans and i'm sure that includes access to the rpg stuff. how successful he'll be is anyone's guess but i'm sure its on his radar. he's on facebook here , and he's been active in engaging with fans since the sale so i encourage you to reach out to him either directly or via the l5r fangroup if you're a part of that so that everyone can see the response as i'm sure its a popular question.

Dave seems a good sort.

@WHW

Dave has responded on facebook

Yup, we'll make sure that the useful stuff like that is retrieved and made available. It's just taking time to work through "the list" of all the things we have to do. Patience is, as always, appreciated!

Edited by cielago

I had also emailed AEG customer service about this last week and heard back from them yesterday with a similar sort of message, to the effect that some of the specifics of the handover are up in the air but they are indeed aware there are people out here who don't want to see the old RPG and Setting forum content lost. Here's hoping they've already decided to make it an accessible archive, and it's just a relatively low-priority task what with all the other stuff that's suddenly appeared on their plates. However, it's also possible more (polite, friendly) emails of support in the near future could help put a finger on the scales...

I do wonder if FFG is prepared to support the same kind of forum community around the RPG as AEG was--hosting homebrew stuff, campaign logs, pure setting discussion and all of that. There's a reason I kept checking back in there from time to time (even in spite of not always being a fan of their moderation style). Guess I'd better see how the Star Wars and 40k subforums look around here, eh.

Edit: forgot to add, I was told by the friendly AEG rep that if I hadn't seen any developments w/r/t the old forum by "November or so," I could check in again then. Hope it doesn't actually take that long just to get the forum back up, but perhaps that's the timeline for the handover.

Edited by locust shell

I'm not, because I believe that Facebook is Literally Satan. So someone else, please, go down that route!

done. for anyone that doesn't believe that satan is so quite so dweeby, the thread is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/160842683946823/permalink/1043819742315775/

Post it here, some of us don't do face book. ^__^ it requires a login

done. for anyone that doesn't believe that satan is so quite so dweeby, the thread is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/160842683946823/permalink/1043819742315775/

Post it here, some of us don't do face book. ^__^ it requires a login

see above, i posted his response

Edited by cielago

Was expecting something longer the a one liner xD

Any possibility its on the wayback machine?

Any possibility its on the wayback machine?

Alas, it's not. I suppose because they made the whole forum un-crawl-able by robots.