NEW PLAYERS: A message to you

By alexbobspoons, in Star Wars: The Card Game

So, generally speaking this official forum for Star Wars LCG is pretty quiet. Main reason being that other forums for SW:Lcg are very active.

There are a number of these, but one of the most active is actually owned by Fantasy Flight Games and so I dont think directing people there is a problem.

Cardgamedb

Http://Www.cardgamedb.com/forums

Very active every day, links to videos, podcasts, strategy guides, daily discussions, competitions, meet-ups and lots more.

So do not be put off the game by a quiet forum, instead go to cardgamedb and join in :)

This post should stay near the top of the forum but if we suddenly get a few new threads, then please "bump" the thread folks.

Edited by alexbobspoons

Bump and agree. Welcome to the game

As a returning player who just caught up and now has all the xpacs, two cores, two Edge of Darkness, definitely needing to dive into the current meta. Thanks for pointing there, and here's a convenient bump!

Thank you for the link. As a player looking to jump in...is now a good time?

I'd vote yes. No particular clever argument why other than we'd all love to see more players

I would say so. I have been following the game forums for 2 months, n the last month bought a full playset, have been reading the rules (and solo variant) for two weeks and this weekend start my gaming.

So based on my recent big financial investment, I certainly think now is a good time :)

So, CardGameDB is FFG's official site for their LCG-specific stuff? Is it maintained by them, or is it an officially endorsed fansite or something?

(Prospective player who's a tad confused at the idea of a company having two official forums for their product)

So, CardGameDB is FFG's official site for their LCG-specific stuff? Is it maintained by them, or is it an officially endorsed fansite or something?

(Prospective player who's a tad confused at the idea of a company having two official forums for their product)

Ffg bought Cardgamedb a couple years ago. Prior to that it was fan made and run. It's the place to be for the LCGs

Though the LotR fanbase is mainly here on the official forums.

:)