Seeds of Decay - Good starting point for messing around?

By Internutt, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Hey.

I have an opportunity to buy a Seeds of Decay booster box (48 boosters) for dirt cheap, as in, the price of 4 regular booster packs. Would this be a fun option to try out the game (a friend is going to buy a few starter decks from another series) so we are going to mix and match/deck build and play a few games.

Obviously, FFG's LCG is going to be a new breed of game, but I kind of want to try out the game for myself finally after following it from a distance for so many years. I'm only interested in jumping in at the end due to the dirt cheap price of the booster box.

Any thoughts on this particular set?

Hey if you can get such stuff on the cheap I would say go for it.

I'd just make sure to get two starter decks from roughly the same arc. My wife and I played starter decks a lot.

Any starter deck designed from about Celestial Edition on is fully playable and should be available fairly cheap. Seeds of Decay is an Emperor-era expansion, and thus best combined with other Emperor cards (starter decks from Emperor, Embers of War, Seeds of Decay). You can mix and match as you see fit; these are just guidelines for how the game was released initially.

Yep. I'd just suggested the same arc to avoid wacky rules incompatibility. You could absolutely play with decks from other arcs.