Zhao Daiyu

By blades0fbl00d, in UFS Rules Q & A

Her response ability reads: After your opponent removes any number of cards from the game, they loose 2 vitality. This has left me with a few questions. Many cards can allow a player to remove things from the game EX. Twlight Embrace, Unknown Son, and Wonderwolrd Warriors. Now just when exactly can her abiltiy be used? I'm highly confused because if I'm using an ability that allows me to remove my opponents cards and my opponent is playing Zhao Daiyu can they respond? Or if were are both playing Zhao can we both respond with her in that situation? Please give me a hand on this because this question has come up on multiple occasions where I play at.

Technically her stuff works as follows.

When you play an ability that allows you to remove one of your opponents cards from the game, what actually happens is you choose the cards to be removed, and then your opponent removes them (since you cant physically reach over and touch your opponents cards anyhow). In this was it allows you to respond with her ability to burn them.

If your opponent is also playing Zhao they cannot respond, since they are the ones removing, not their opponent.

Also if a card your opponent plays removes itself from the game like proffiencent sniper you can react. You also can react when they go through their deck and have to rfg.