ORIGINS PATH

By LETE, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Hi:

Not really a question, but confirmation of stuff:

Using the Origin Path for character creation, the Rogue Trader Career is an impossible choice for Death Worlders & so is the Astropath Trascendent for Noble Born , right?

Thanks!

L

Who?

Yes. probably because (and these are just my ideas) Death worlders arent really the RT type. and Nobles genepools are so small that the chances of psykers is probably smaller.

My group is doing the "Justify Your Existence" house rule for that. If your background story is neat with the choices you made and works well with the rest of the party, run with it. It seemed silly that a Noble Born can't take the war background when in DH it points out Nobles make officers for much of the IG. More player choices are a good thing, no reason to restrict them. Then again if they are doing it to munchkin the game, break out the veto hammer and make them stick to the paths.

It does state in the book that you can choose any row on the chart to be a "Free Choice" row where you can any entry regardless of the choice you made on the row prior to entering the row and can chose any of the options on the next row.

You can alternativly just throw the whole chart in the bin if you like and just allow players to pick whatever they want.

I've gone for enforcing the full path rules for the first set of characters my players are drawing up - I've also not let any of them see the descriptions of any of the choices so they've just picked based on name alone, I'm thinking it will make for some interesting characters gui%C3%B1o.gif