factions?

By Jambly Ho-Tep, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

I've been playing the ccg for a while but am new to the lcg and was wondering what was meant by "which faction you play" on these threads? Both of my decks consist of cards from at least 5 of the different factions, because that's the way the preconstructed decks for the ccg came. do people play competively with decks that are only one faction?

most competitive decks are one faction (monodecks lik Shub-nigurath or cthulhu or syndicate) or dual faction, like yog-shub or hastur - cthulhu.

That is true for mixed format at least. In lcg combination might be different - like syndicate +hastur.

5 color decks are inconsistent, and too random. I would not recomend them for any serious competitive play...

Technically, it is possible (with CCG cards only) to make a not-too-bad 'Rainbow' deck with all or most factions. When the relevant cards first came out the 'Rainbow' deck was actually the one to beat, but since it was so powerful the mechanics were nerfed by errata.

Definitely go with two factions for a well-balanced deck. Three if you really know what you're doing and absolutely need all those factions' mechanics, and mono-faction likewise (e.g. you want to play lots of Behind the Pallid Mask or similar).

yes, in a mono or twin deck you get a better chance of combos and you know you dont have to wait to play a certain card as your deck is constructed around a set faction, for normal casual play it dosent matter at all, mind you i have seen winning decks of 3 factions and neautrals as well

My best enjoyed decks are mono Hastur and Hastur/Yog (CCG), and recently Hastur/Agency (LCG)

(Happy birthday Darknight!)

aw, thank you very much :)

i just built a shub yog deck and a cthulhu syndicate deck last night and so far they've played out really well. thanks for the help everybody. happy birthday! my birthday was last sunday!

Bielius said:

My best enjoyed decks are mono Hastur and Hastur/Yog (CCG), and recently Hastur/Agency (LCG)

(Happy birthday Darknight!)

my next deck is gonna be hastur agency but i might throw in a little univ. too

In CCG a Yog/University deck was interesting... but now I have my reserves about mechanics triggered by Univ.

Maybe with time my simple mind open a window to the comprehension and a light of inspiration invades me and finally understand how to play University preocupado.gif

i remember my ols hastor cthulhu and yog hastur was quite good, make people insane then kill them!!