Ties?

By KarmanMonkey, in Ad Astra

We had a tie in our game on Saturday, and we couldn't find anything in the rules about a tie-breaker.

Is there one we missed? If not, what do all of you use to break ties?

Part of me was tempted to say we play another turn until there's a clear winner, but I don't think the game is meant to be played longer than it does already...

Thoughts?

I'd break ties starting with any resources that don't normally count towards victory (ie: most ships, most controlled planets.) The idea to play another turn is a good one, if everyone is willing to keep going. If all else fails, have all tied players roll a die.

I never put tie breaker in my games unless the publisher strongly insists. Nexus asked for it, but didn't really insist when Serge and I answered that we don't like tie breakers. A tie is just a tie, two or more winners.

bruno faidutti said:

I never put tie breaker in my games unless the publisher strongly insists. Nexus asked for it, but didn't really insist when Serge and I answered that we don't like tie breakers. A tie is just a tie, two or more winners.

I like that answer :-) Thanks!

bruno faidutti said:

Wow . . . awesome. You actually answered questions on your own game in the forums. You'd be suprised how often this DOES NOT happen. Good work.

hear! hear! Mad props, Bruno. You may have just sold me on your game, just by showing up. aplauso.gif