Command tent ,victory points and scenario victory

By Hounsou83, in BattleLore

hello !

Which is the correct timing when i destroy my enemy command tent ?

I check for victory first and then i gain the 2 points or, i gain the 2 points and then check if i Win the game for having more then 16 points ?

Thank you !

You gain the points, then you check for victory

Edited by Julia

I don't have rules in front of me, but I think you're only supposed to add up your victory points at the beginning of the first player's turn.

I don't have rules in front of me, but I think you're only supposed to add up your victory points at the beginning of the first player's turn.

Correct.

So as Julia said, you would get the 2 VP immediately upon occupying the enemy command tent, but you would not check for victory until the start of the first player's next turn. (See First Player in the Rules Reference Guide.)

Edited by Budgernaut

Ok thank You guys !

Sorry, yesterday I was in a hurry. The sincronicity issue came up while testing Waiqar, this is the answer I got:

QUESTION:

- Ref book, Command tent, bullet point 6 reads: If, at the start of his turn, a player’s unit occupies an enemy command tent hex, he removes the command tent hex from the game board and gains 2 VP.
- Ref book, Winning the game, first bullet point reads: Each time the first player starts a new turn, players must check if either player has won the game. A player wins the game if he has 16 or more victory points and has more victory points than his opponent.

So, what's the correct resolution order if the first player is also the one who conquests his opponent's Command Tent? Are victory conditions checked first, or is it first scored the Command Tent (so that the First Player has an edge here, because he can gain the 2 VP before checking any victory condition)?

ANSWER:

The active player chooses which order to resolve any effects that occur in the same timing window. So if the Active Player is on a Command Tent he can choose to resolve that first.

Woops. I was totally wrong. Thanks, Julia.

No probs :)

This is one that should be clarified better in the rules. I've always played that the very first thing you do on the first player's turn is check victory points. However, Julia's interpretation seems dead right. I need to change the way we've been doing things.

Makes kinder a problem. Let's say both players have took each other command tent in same turn. After that First player has BIG advantage.