A bit of history and I have one, multipoint, question.

By PBnJ, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

For anyone new to the game and you want to know about the "CLAN WARS" story, they do have a seven novel series that was printed years ago, starting with the Scorpion coup and ending with Way if the Lion. You can find them on e-bay and amazon for a few bucks each. It's an easy read and a really good story.

Now for my question. I have not played since Hidden Emperor.. in think or was it four winds, but what happen to the Naga clan, Ratting clans and HOW AND WHEN did the Shadowlands become the Spider clan and what about the Crab clan ,they held the WALL. So now what do they do? . I know bits and pieces of the story but chking around I'm not seeing a history of events that said what happened. Any info would be great Thanks.

AS you can tell I was a Crab clan(and /or) Shadowlands player. I know Hida Yakamo became part Naga and then he became the sun. SO I was just wondering what happen.

I will say this though, when I say the news about L5R. I yelled out. " IM IN." Looking forward to the future and maybe some new thunders to boot.

OH! just remembered the RPG had a book called Time of the Void it's a good book with all of the major events that took place during the "CLAN WARS." you may find that one on e-bay as well.

SORRY title should have said "for anyone new to the game" after a bit of history

Edited by PBnJ

1) Naga went to sleep, but were supposed to come back when Buyout no Oni appeared. Ratlings faced their apocalypse called Tomorrow, sacrificing themselves to end some threat that no Rokugani knew about.

2) Spider Clan was an effort A) by Daigotsu to infiltrate Rokugan and eventually succeeded when Iweko I agreed to recognize them as a Great Clan in exchange for their service against the invading Destroyers and to prevent the unwitting spread of the Taint, as well as B) to have Shadowlands be a faction that was not 100% dishonor immune so that a Horde deck didn't just have auto-wins against it.

3) The Crab still hold the Wall, and help the Scorpion with guarding the Second Pit because Daigotsu could not (or would not) keep the more free-willed oni under his control. Overall non-Spider Shadowlands activity had seen a nadir up until what would have been Onyx Edition.

Thank you! That seen like a good story arch. Sorry I missed it. I remembered Daigotsu but i did not realize what an important role he had. I make sense, in regards to the Horde decks . So this is why there are no more Shadowland decks then. I kind of missed their Icon.

Who know, maybe a great evil will awaken....*COught*... Iuchiban .....Cought ***.... Hida Osano-Wo *( although with this one lore says he is still fight with his father in the shadowlands.)