Dead game?

By mija, in Battles of Westeros

Hello,

Will be any other expansions for this game or this game is dead?

Thanks

I think we'll see more expansions but they'll wait until after the next book is released.

There isn't enough content to make another expansion of the same quality as the baratheon one.

"What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger..."

I certainly hope the game isn't dead as I've just gotten into it via my love of Battlelore (and GoT), and found Battles of Westeros to be a really good strategic game.

I would certainly like more factions such as the Greyjoys.

Perhaps even a book of scenarios in the same format as Descent's 'Heirs of Blood'.

Or a pack containing Wildlings, Black Watch and the White Walkers maybe, with dual winter/wall board.

I wonder if a new (completely compatible, and with working flags) starter set might not be a good idea to bring new people in, themed around the later books and battles?

Regardless, it's a good game, and I'm just opening up my first expansion with the Baratheon box, which has loads of goodies!

I think we'll see more expansions but they'll wait until after the next book is released.

There isn't enough content to make another expansion of the same quality as the baratheon one.

there's still plenty of content they haven't touched.

Either way they recently reprinted some of the BOW products so they haven't completely dropped the game yet

Either way they recently reprinted some of the BOW products so they haven't completely dropped the game yet

And more importantly, if they reprint the game, then they still have the license. Good

And more importantly, if they reprint the game, then they still have the license. Good

yeah well they just released AGOT LCG 2.0 so i'm sure they'll have the license for a good long while

yeah well they just released AGOT LCG 2.0 so i'm sure they'll have the license for a good long while

The fact that they released an AGoT LCG doesn't mean thay can produce all the games they want into Martin's worlds: it's very likely that for every product line they have, they have also a specific agreement with Martin. No idea tho, I'm just happy to see the product being reprinted. It's a good sign, implying there's still interest in the line

The game just entered FFG holidays sale. Not exactly a great sign. And it's not happening to the core set only, the entire line entered the sale.

Goodbye Westeros?

I had the same feeling when I saw the huge baratheon expansion on sale for $20.

Has anyone just tried asking them? I'd be gutted if they discontinued it. It's a great game.

Has anyone just tried asking them? I'd be gutted if they discontinued it. It's a great game.

Yeah, the price is awesome, but the bad news is this may be the end for Battles of Westeros as FFG may just be trying to sell off their inventory. :-(

Congratulations to folks that took advantage of the sale. It was a tremendous deal on the game and I should have jumped on it. I waited too long. Now even the base game is out of stock and it looks like it may be a long while before FFG comes back to it.

Yes sir. I just picked it all up except WotW, which was out of stock seemingly everywhere and possibly out of print now with the rest of the line. Luckily I found a reasonably priced copy of WotW from Little Big Wars out of Fargo, ND. I would like to see the Ironborn/Greyjoys, or Rangers and Wildlings, but we may never see it. It may take a garage studio and a Kickstarter campaign to sub-license it from FFG to kick it off again as with Tide of Iron, but the licensing would be a mighty obstacle for said studio. I thought this whole set up found that sweet spot between Richard Borg's C&C mechanic and Tide of Iron's.

Tide of Iron is now back to FFG, a couple weeks ago there was the news on bgg, so that the revamped line was stopped by the other editor

See BBG house tyrel house aryens

It seems like those are not official, tho

Thye are not official but the cards and counters are great and they give new life to the game.

They use battlelore 1ed figures

Hi!

Have You any new information about this game? I would like to buy it and try it, but just if the game isn't dead.

Why would the game being "dead" be a deal breaker?

It's an epic strategy game with a ton of scenarios.

That's like saying you'll avoid twilight imperium, runewars and arkham horror because they are too old.

Agreed. The game's awesome and fun. A game isn't dead only because no expansions are in sight (otherwise Go would have died a few millennia ago)

I agree, but because of the situation in here - Hungary - realy hard to buy the game, and realy expensive. This is why i ask it. I hope i will find Core Set here, and we can start to play soon.

Have you considered getting the game from amazon.co.uk? It seems like shipping towards Hungary is not too expensive (5.90 punds + 0.90/kg) so that if games are really expensive in your country, this could be a good plan B

Good luck with it, anyway!

I occasionally buy hard to find, or overpriced, items from the French or German amazon sites. Even with shipping it can be much cheaper to order from somewhere else within the EU.

Unfortunately I don't read French or German so I have to guess at what all the buttons on the website do.