Onyx Edition and the Naga

By shashasha, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

Given this recent turn of events, I am very apprehensive about the possibility of the Naga returning to the game. I like the change to LCG format, but what went from a 1.5 year wait starting in 2014 of getting my hopes up is now a minimum 3+ year wait and even then it would likely be more since the Naga would almost undoubtedly by an expansion rather than a core faction.

Just putting this on the radar like the Nezumi thread.

I'll continue to run my N aga site and forum through the hiatus. Whatever I can do to keep the dream alive!

I would like to see more Naga cards again, but I am not so sure of making it a faction again.

Oh I agree. The Naga need a presence just like Nezumi/Ratling. They are actually one of the big players in Rokugan outside of the Great Clans.

Hopefully a demo comes out late-2016/early-2017 so we can see what is going on in the core and what they have lined up for future releases.

Acknowledgement that they exist is ok, but I hope they wont appear as anything more than neutral splash cards. I just prefer to keep focus on human elements and human drama, I don't like fantasy elements too much.

The Mantis will gladly accept the Naga as a part of our Clan. :D

We'll need to replace the traitorous Moshi that plan on abandoning us..... :P

On a more serious note: I was planning on playing them in Onyx, so I would still like to see them. I also play Kitsune Spirit Honor, so I have no problems with supernatural elements.

I hope that you guys can get a head nod at least at the start, and maybe something playable at some point. The Naga were one of the clans I always hoped would get a new legal box.

I like 'em because in-setting, they're one of the few exceptions to the general blind xenophobia of Rokugan, and they offer an avenue to comment on the ridiculous things the Rokugani hold to be utterly vital. But in card terms... Dunno if they're quite what is desired in the core box of a relaunch. Suppose we'll see.

I like 'em because in-setting, they're one of the few exceptions to the general blind xenophobia of Rokugan, and they offer an avenue to comment on the ridiculous things the Rokugani hold to be utterly vital. But in card terms... Dunno if they're quite what is desired in the core box of a relaunch. Suppose we'll see.

The Dragon, Mantis, and Unicorn all offer that avenue unless you want to discuss why being endothermic sucks.

Crab has Hida Fubatsu, also.

FFG strives to please. We may not have Rats or Naga at release but I would not be surprised to see them as some kind of stronghold attachment later in the game.

Kind of like wildlings/ Night's Watch in AGOT.

As for them being their own faction, I don't know about that.

As long as we get something, I'll stick it out. I've waited this long, what's two more years :)