L5R RPG?

By Lorne, in The Crystal Ball and The Wishing Well

maxresdefault_42fq.640.jpg

In FFG we trust <3 I also want to take a look to the L5R LCG, and I wish so much they create a game like "A Game of Thrones - The Board Game" but Rokugan version... "The Emerald Empire - Board Game" it would be so perfect...

The 4th Edition RPG of L5R is already very solid and popular, and I believe the fans would love to see the RPG-line continued in the future. The L5R RPG has some of my favorite game mechanics (the roll & keep dice system, Advantages/Disadvantages) and I hope to see it still in the future.

As L5R has been such an interactive game, it would be awesome if FFG decided to carry on the torch of L5R's Winter Court events.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY KOKU!!!

20Koku.jpg

My question too. There appears to be no forum set up for them at all; , no subforums under the L5R CCG title, and nothing at all under the RPG category.

Hopefully this is just a temporary growing pain and not a permanent change.

Maybe AEG wants to keep making L5R RPGs?

Maybe AEG wants to keep making L5R RPGs?

From the announcements it seems that FFG got the whole IP, and L5R was the last RPG that AEG did, so I think they probably just close their RPG department there and focus more on boardgames.

I hope that if we get a L5R RPG from FFG, that it will have the roll & keep system and not change to custom dice. Even though I have to say I would like to have Fortunes & Winds custom dice!

We already have roll-and-keep versions of L5R.

Getting a different mechanic is why I want FFG to make this happen.

I expect -- no, demand that Christian drive down to Jay Little's van-down-by-the-river with a suitcase full of cash, if that's what it takes to make it happen.

We already have roll-and-keep versions of L5R.

Getting a different mechanic is why I want FFG to make this happen.

I expect -- no, demand that Christian drive down to Jay Little's van-down-by-the-river with a suitcase full of cash, if that's what it takes to make it happen.

I also think L5R is a potentially very good fit to the Star Wars version of JL's dice mechanics... Character generation need not change much to accomodate it, either. We don't need the talent trees; we have the school ranks for generating talents.

I would also love to see Clan War resurrected - and tied to the RPG mechanics as well. When my players became the officers of their family daimyƍ, it gave them access to a significant number of troops (3 dozen bushi, IIRC), and they had to fight at the wall. The players opted to resolve the large fights as minis battles, and not having to rerate things was great. (Clan War stats lined up well with RPG stats.)

I would love to see the dice system kept as well - I'm fearful FFG will create a whole new system based on special dice, like Star Wars. May the D10 live strong.

As far as story goes, I hope pretty much everthing 3rd ed and later gets demoted to oblivion and the story starts again at 1st ed before the Clan War. So much was already written that was so great, I'd like to see it made even better and the absolutely retarded changes card game players made to a role playing world go bye-bye. Adios Spider Clan, please.

Clan War miniatures game would be awesome. That would be a great next step after an initial launching for a year of the base RPG - which would hopefully bring in a new scope of players.

Regardless, my group of regular L5R rpgers would love to help playtest! Anyone got an idea how to get involved in that process?