Deck Building Inquires.

By MrP1nk, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

I hope this is the right section.

I am very new to the game and I'm trying to deck build. But I don't know the game enough to get the finer details. Such as: what's the "appropriate" number of ICE for Corps and the same for ICE Breakers for Runners? How many draw cards and which ones are best? And for income cards what number should I shoot for? Obviously I have plenty more but for brevity sake I'll keep at this as the rest I'm sure will come with time. I just don't want to have completely horrible noob decks when I go to play. Thanks!

Well, there is the "Deck Building" subforum but unfortunately your inquiry is extremely broad. Appropriate number of ICE for Corps, breakers for runners, draw cards, and income cards can all vary wildly depending on your build.

But we can start with a few staples:

Fewer than 10 ice tends to belong to a specialty build that threatens the runner in other ways. More than 17-18 ice is getting into "ice-heavy" territory. Like I said, there's a lot of variation.

Corp draw power is pretty much Daily Business Show and Jackson Howard, both out of NBN. Pick up the Opening Moves datapack ASAP, which should be back in stores at retail price soon.

Runner draw depends on faction. Shapers have the most options: Diesel, Quality Time, Professional Contacts. Anarch's best draw engines are Inject, Wyldside/Adjusted Chronotype, and I've Had Worse. Criminals are more focused on card quality, so Mr Li and Express Delivery are options for them, but not great ones.

Income--almost impossible to comment on without actually seeing a deck concept. Money...you want some. Not too much. Not too little. How much is which depends on what you're paying for.

I would say that both Mr. Ok and Express Delivery are pretty bad draw cards. Criminals just got Drug Dealer and Earthrise Hotel are fairly common in Crim. Symmetrical Visage is good. And Fisk Investment Seminar is interesting, but is much trickier to use.

Grimwalker is spot on, though. It's really hard to answer those questions. Some decks run 10 ice, some run 20. Some run 9-11 econ cards, others run 4 to 6.

Some runners go with 6 to 8 (12 to so in the case of Geist) and others run 3 total.

It all depends on the type of deck and the faction.