Natural Weapon vs Power Field

By Avdnm, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

This comes up constantly in our group, so I thought I'd just ask here:

How do you handle parrying with natural weapon vs power weapon? Is the Swarm Lord out of Weapons after parrying/getting parried 4 times, or can't his weapons be destroyed by a power field?

I'm pretty sure the is a rule paragraph that benefits natural weapons, but I just can't seem to find it :/

This is the description of the weapon special quality Power Field (Core, p. 143) (emphasis mine):

"A field of power wreathes weapons with this Quality, increasing their Damage and Penetration. Such modifiers are already included in the weapon’s profile. When the wielder successfully uses this weapon to Parry an attack made with a weapon that lacks this Quality, he has a 75% chance of destroying his attacker’s weapon. Weapons with the Warp Weapon Trait and Natural Weapons are immune to this effect. "

Is this what you were looking for?

Yes it is, I'm blind and thanks a lot =)

Topic can be closed I guess.

Also note that in DW it is only when *you* parry with the power weapon. It does not apply when someone when the power weapon is parried.

Also note that in DW it is only when *you* parry with the power weapon. It does not apply when someone when the power weapon is parried.

Yes, I know. But I guess in our group that would lead to hour long discussions...

I could see a house rule where a power weapon could theoretically work breaking the arms/tentacles/claws dealing 1d10 damage to whichever appendage had attacked, which may or may not break the arm/tentacle/claw.

I could see a house rule where a power weapon could theoretically work breaking the arms/tentacles/claws dealing 1d10 damage to whichever appendage had attacked, which may or may not break the arm/tentacle/claw.

Sure, but you have to keep in mind that this pushes the balancing in favor of the KT.

Sure, but you have to keep in mind that this pushes the balancing in favor of the KT.

Only in so far as the Game Master doesn't have an unlimited pile of enemies that he can draw from thin air at a moment's notice.

Only in so far as the Game Master doesn't have an unlimited pile of enemies that he can draw from thin air at a moment's notice.

It's still silly when they parry-destroy your Hive Tyrant's Scything Talons.

But it gives the party more options to disarm (HA) the Hive Tyrant.

Excellent point. What about things like Relic Blades? Those are powerful enough to cleave through ordinary Power Weapons.

Excellent point. What about things like Relic Blades? Those are powerful enough to cleave through ordinary Power Weapons.

That would also work in the manner I described possibility doing 1d10+5 damage