Wayward Warrior Scenario Help

By iPokeZombies, in Relic

Hi folks,

Finished what must be about my 25th playthrough of Relic last night with a group of friends and probably had one of our best, and closest, games yet. We played standard Relic (no Nemesis characters) but with the Wayward Warrior scenario from the Nemesis deck. I really liked it, but there's a few things that are left unanswered which I'd really appreciate some help with.

1. The way the scenario works, after you win or lose your battle on the scenario your turn ends and the other players get to have their turn (e.g. not like fighting Kairos). Does the player have an engagement/experience phase during this turn? This affected things for two reasons:
    1. I had an asset - ally card that let me spend 1 influence to discard a threat card at the start of the engagement phase. Very powerful on this scenario.
    2. Another player had the relic that let him pick up a power card during the experience phase.
    3. If there's no engagement/experience phase while on the scenario sheet then neither of those two are possible to use!

2. Do you take defeated enemies from the scenario sheet as trophies, discard them, or put them back in to the scenario sheet deck?
  3. Has there been any official word on whether you can use more than one "6" Power card in a single battle, e.g. use 3x6 power cards in a single battle (as exploding dice rolls) + whatever the player rolls on top of that (due to the last 6 power card also exploding)? We had one player who had the Relic that gives a power card during every experience phase, the "every power card can be a 6" relic, plus the ally - asset that lets you pay influence for power cards. With a power limit of 4 he could basically roll a 24 + additional dice roll during every fight in the scenario!

Any advice appreciated as I've been searching for an hour to answers to this question without any success.

Hi folks,

Finished what must be about my 25th playthrough of Relic last night with a group of friends and probably had one of our best, and closest, games yet. We played standard Relic (no Nemesis characters) but with the Wayward Warrior scenario from the Nemesis deck. I really liked it, but there's a few things that are left unanswered which I'd really appreciate some help with.

1. The way the scenario works, after you win or lose your battle on the scenario your turn ends and the other players get to have their turn (e.g. not like fighting Kairos). Does the player have an engagement/experience phase during this turn? This affected things for two reasons:
    1. I had an asset - ally card that let me spend 1 influence to discard a threat card at the start of the engagement phase. Very powerful on this scenario.
    2. Another player had the relic that let him pick up a power card during the experience phase.
    3. If there's no engagement/experience phase while on the scenario sheet then neither of those two are possible to use!

2. Do you take defeated enemies from the scenario sheet as trophies, discard them, or put them back in to the scenario sheet deck?
  3. Has there been any official word on whether you can use more than one "6" Power card in a single battle, e.g. use 3x6 power cards in a single battle (as exploding dice rolls) + whatever the player rolls on top of that (due to the last 6 power card also exploding)? We had one player who had the Relic that gives a power card during every experience phase, the "every power card can be a 6" relic, plus the ally - asset that lets you pay influence for power cards. With a power limit of 4 he could basically roll a 24 + additional dice roll during every fight in the scenario!

Any advice appreciated as I've been searching for an hour to answers to this question without any success.

HI MY FRIEND, I AM HERE TO ANSWER YOU - I HOPE MY ANSWERS WILL BE USEFUL FOR YOU SO... READ IT AND ENJOY IT !!!

FIRST:

The scenario works like a "normal space with threat icons and cards upon it" - SO - it means that you must shuffle all the cards into the "Wayward Warrior Scenario Deck" and draw cards following the rules set up by it and then face enemies drawn like normally done but without taking into account skills and text rules written on those cards and, if beaten, lose 1 life as in the normal combats or, if you result as winner, take those enemies as trophies and use them to level up like you do normally... AND... After spending "trophy points" you CAN decide IF you want to discard back the trophies you have into the SCENARIO DECK or into THE THREAT DECKS TO WHICH THEY BELONG TO FOLLOWING THEIR COLOURED BACKS as normally done during the macthes...

AFTER THAT CHOICE IS DONE you MAY put 1 of your CHARACTER TOKENS upon the SCENARIO SHEET to see you also have beaten it this turn.

ONCE YOUR CHARACTER'S TOKENS NUMBER REACHES THE NUMBER NEEDED TO WIN (AS REPORTED ONTO THE SCENARIO SHEET ITSELF) YOU ARE DECLARED THE WINNER OF THE MATCH (YOU ENTER INTO POSSESSION OF THE WAYWARD WARRIOR BATTLESHIP / SPACE HULK AND ALL ITS MIGTHY AND SECRET TREASURES, SINCE NOW IT HAS NO MORE ENEMIES INTO IT LURKING AND CLAIMING FOR YOUR POOR HEAD !!!)

SECOND:

When you arrive onto the scenario sheet the turns are followed 1by1, as stated into the rules... SO... It means that - no matter if you won / lost the Encounter Phase on the scenario sheet - the turn in which you fight the scenario ends and the game passes to the next player in the players' order you set up at the start of the match...

When the turn "returns to you" (sorry for the repetition) you will shuffle again the scenario deck and then you will "draw and fight" as I said just a few lines above. Once you did it or there are no more enemy cards to face you put 1 of your token onto the sheet (if you are vanquished the tokens you already put onto it DO REMAIN ONTO IT !!!) and then the turn passes to your next opponent or - IF YOU REACHED THE CHARACTER TOKENS NEEDED TO BE DECLARED WINNER - the game ends with your victory. AND...

...JUST FOR ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR PARTICULAR CASE SEEN IN YOUR LAST MATCH - You CAN also SPEND 1 INFLUENCE in order to discard 1 threat / enemy card if you have assets allowing you to do that AND...

...Your opponent with a Relic that grants him "to gain a power card per experience phase" CAN DRAW 1 POWER CARD (AT LEAST UNTIL HE HAS SUCH ITEM WITH HIM) DURING HIS TURN EVEN IF HE IS ONTO THE SHEET OF THE WAYWARD SCENARIO... AND...

...when you are on the scenario sheet the Engament and Experience phase are ACTIVE as during a normal turn... SO... It means YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW NORMAL RULES AND RESOLVE THEM NORMALLY...

EVEN IF YOU NOW HAVE TO ADD THE LITTLE MODIFICATION TO THE RULE OF COMBAT TAKEN AGAINST THE ENEMIES ONTO THE SCENARIO SHEET (THEY LOSE THEIR SKILLS AND SPECIAL RULES, THEY NOW COUNT AS "BLANKETED-SKILLS ENEMIES" WITH ONLY A "COMBAT VALUE OF X" AND NOTHING MORE !!!) For ex. : if you face an Eldar Grav Tank when you are on the "Wayward scenario" you do not take into account its skills and abilities to kill and maim (discard) other enemies (cards) if you lose the battle against it !!!

YOU CAN DECIDE - ONCE YOU FACED AND BEATED ENEMIES ONTO THE SCENARIO SHEET ITSELF - if YOU WANT TO TAKE the enemies killed (to level up and then discard them), or if you WANT TO TAKE THEM TO LEVEL UP AND THEN TO PUT THEM BACK INTO THE SCENARIO DECK (YOU MUST THINK CAREFULLY ON THIS POINT... IT DEPENDS FROM THE MATCH AND LUCK YOU HAVE OR THE BEST CHOICES TO DO TO REACH YOUR ACTUAL GOALS... THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU THEN !!!).

THIRD:

As you can easily find into the rulebooks you MAY use POWER CARDS to SUBSTITUTE just ONE DIE ROLL (DISCARD THE POWER CARD INSTEAD OF ROLLING THE DIE / DICE)

BUT...

...IF you just played a "NUMBER 6" POWER CARD (which states you can only use it as a DIE ROLL substitute; which EXPLODES normally... TAKE IT INTO ACCOUNT...) you can now decide:

- TO ROLL ANOTHER DIE / DICE AND ADD THE RESULTS TO THE POWER CARD NUMBERED "6"

- TO USE ANOTHER POWER CARD NUMBERED "6" (which again explodes allowing you to add more rolls or power cards !!! FANTASTIC combo)

- TO USE OTHER WAYS TO ADD NUMBERS TO YOUR COMBAT ROLL (SUCH AS, another die roll or power card or another bonus or malus granted by cards and effects in play or that you own now)

SO... IT MEANS that (in the case you portray here) YOUR FRIEND CAN / COULD ROLL A 24 + ADDITIONAL DICE ROLL DURING EVERY FIGHT IN THE SCENARIO SHEET as you report in your post...

HAVE YOU BEEN ANSWERED TO YOUR DOUBTS AND "RULES MISUNDERSTANDING DURING GAME AND PARTICULAR CASES SHOWN UP DURING GAMEPLAY" ?!?

Let me know it if you want...

I did my best to express me and take into account that English isn't my native tongue... SO... Be patient if I did grammar errors and mistakes

I also hope to have been exaustive and to have given a puntual answer to each of your questions / doubts...

Enjoy the play now that you understand how to face correctly that scenario...

AND... IF YOU HAVE THE HoT EXPANSION AND YOU HAVE BEATEN THE "DARK CRUSADE" SCENARIO...

MAY YOU TELL ME PUNTUALLY HOW YOU DID IT ?!?

IT IS A YEAR THAT I PLAY IT AND I STILL HAVE TO BEAT IT WITH IMPERIAL CHARACTERS !!! (I BEATED IT ONLY ONCE AND I USED THE ELDAR NEMESIS - WHICH REACHED "INFAMY 25" DUE TO THE EXTREME NUMBER OF CORRUPTION CARDS DRAWN AND DISCARDED BY THE IMPERIAL PLAYERS !!!)

SEE YOU SOON THEN, BYE...