A Little Confused

By klyver, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Ok...so I am brand new to this LCG game. I've had it for awhile (bought it because the art was amazing) but after learning hearthstone and how to build decks..........this seems a lot easier than it did a year ago.

I have the following:

Core set

balance of the force

all the hoth packs except desolation of hoth and assault on echo base

I have heroes and legends and lure of the dark side from the echoes of the force cycle

With these decks.....can I make anything competitive enough to play in a store event (anything bold enough to even try for a store championship?) If not...what would you recommend that I get?

However......does anyone recommend a certain deck I can use with what I already have? Also does anyone use more than 10 objectives in a deck and seen any success with it?

Thanks for the help.

Ok...so I am brand new to this LCG game. I've had it for awhile (bought it because the art was amazing) but after learning hearthstone and how to build decks..........this seems a lot easier than it did a year ago.

I have the following:

Core set

balance of the force

all the hoth packs except desolation of hoth and assault on echo base

I have heroes and legends and lure of the dark side from the echoes of the force cycle

With these decks.....can I make anything competitive enough to play in a store event (anything bold enough to even try for a store championship?) If not...what would you recommend that I get?

However......does anyone recommend a certain deck I can use with what I already have? Also does anyone use more than 10 objectives in a deck and seen any success with it?

Thanks for the help.

I can't/won't address the first part atm, but I can speak a little on the last part (10+ obj sets):

I often find myself having troubles limiting my decks to 10 obj sets, but thats partly because I am not a very experienced deck builder (SW LCG is my first game of this kind) and partly because I just like to see certain main characters in play, rather than having a solid/consistent deck. It sometimes backfires, but when it succeeds it's a ton of fun.

A point of view is that when you put more than the mandatory 10 objectives in your deck you start to "dilute" the deck and the chance of getting the card you need is reduced gradually. However, I find that with the card pool having reach a comfortable size for all the affiliations this is less of an issue than previously. I mainly run mono affiliation decks, so I do not have the "problem" with resource matching that can become a problem in a mixed deck. If you mix affiliations i think that a 3-7 spilt is that maximum mix you should do (3 of the affiliation you are running and 7 of another affiliation) but with that mix you can sometimes have a very bad objective flip that constricts your options of playing units. Of course you can try to have a "Plan B" by ensuring to have some resource enhancements in your deck.

Cheers

Is that 2 core sets or just 1? If it's 2 cores, you could make a pretty good Sith deck.

2x Fall of the Jedi

2x The Emperor's Web

2x Counsel of the Sith

2x Agent of the Emperor

The last two slots could be used for a variety of things depending on your preferences. Some options are:

2x The Executor Arrives

OR

1x Scouring the Empire

1x The Executor Arrives

If you only have 1 core, I'm not sure. You'd have to do a multi-affiliation deck and I usually avoid those like Forensicus does. A lot of winning decks are dual-affiliation, so it's worth looking into.

Light Side is harder. The sets you have are from the era when Sith dominated and Light Side felt weaker. Currently Jedi are very strong and I think you could get a big help to your Light Side by purchasing Between the Shadows.