Magic Investigation Deck Cards with Traits

By Slavicist, in The Witcher Adventure Game

Are they permanently out of the game, i.e. the deck? There's no way to discard 18/40 cards of the blue investigation deck?

The cards should only be discarded unless otherwise specified.

The cards should only be discarded unless otherwise specified.

So....that's a yes?

That's a bit weird. Should a house rule of trading investigation cards be implemented?

Sorry I meant to say removed from game only if specified. It was early and I hadn't had my coffee. ;)

Sorry I meant to say removed from game only if specified. It was early and I hadn't had my coffee. ;)

Aaaaand. is that a yes?

Nothing on trading?

Alright, starting over please ignore everything else in this post by me and take this as the information to follow.

When the game tells you to discard an investigation card, you place it into a discard pile and reshuffle the discard pile when there are no more cards left in the deck so that you form a new investigation deck.

As for creating a house rule for trading investigation cards, that is up to you. i would personally not play that way because the game is not built that way and it can lead to a very unbalanced variation in play.

Alright, starting over please ignore everything else in this post by me and take this as the information to follow.

When the game tells you to discard an investigation card, you place it into a discard pile and reshuffle the discard pile when there are no more cards left in the deck so that you form a new investigation deck.

As for creating a house rule for trading investigation cards, that is up to you. i would personally not play that way because the game is not built that way and it can lead to a very unbalanced variation in play.

I understand the rules about the discards, my question was, is that really best in gameplay reasons.

Since the discard pile would be composed out of only 50% of the deck, that would mean that only half the deck would get reshuffled.

So my question is then, should then all kept blue cards be discarded when the last blue investigation deck card is drawn and resolved (in order to get a fresh deck).

P. S. As far as I know, the other two investigation decks do not have cards that are permanently kept .

If you complete an investigation card it become discarded unless you want to keep it for its trait. There are other investigation cards that allow you to discard specific traits for bonuses. When you decide to discard for a bonus they go back into the discard pile for its color. You can choose to never discard any of the traits if you don't want to, but some of the cards make it mandatory. You should never force people into discarding unless it is the game doing it.

It would be possible, yes, to have the investigation deck be short a large chunk of cards due to others being kept or traits. That is just the way the game works.There should be cards in the purple investigation deck that you can also keep and use for their trait as well.