Getting hold of old packs.

By cooler150, in Quest Log Feedback & Support Forum

I have recently started playing and wanted to start collecting all the adventure packs but everywhere I look there out of stock. I live in Scotland.

Amazon are out of stock unless there is one left for sale for a silly price e.g. at the moment there is one hunt for Gollum selling for 46 pounds.

Anyway my question is do the older packs get reprinted ?

Yep, they are still reprinting old packs. They just periodically go out of stock and you have to wait a few months for them to reprint. If you go to the upcoming page and sort by living card games, you can see what the status is of all the old packs. Hunt for Gollum and the Mirkwood cycle are all "at the printer", so it'll be a few months until those hit stores again.

Hiya

I take it that does mean that the Mirkwood Cycle will be back on sale somewhere eventually? Just started to get into this and would hate to have missed out on this cycle before i even started :)

Thank you for your reply :)

I will keep checking back and hopefully catch them when they have been reprinted.

Hiya

I take it that does mean that the Mirkwood Cycle will be back on sale somewhere eventually? Just started to get into this and would hate to have missed out on this cycle before i even started :)

Yep it is merely a matter of restocking they wont go out of print so to say like they are vintage this isnt a collectible card game its more comercial and gameplay focused than rare cards and stuff.

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone tell me if the shadows of mirkwood cards have been "At the printer" for over a year? That would certainly be a bummer. I really like this game and I would probably spend a lot of money, but I won't pay Ebay prices for this stuff. Outrageous! If they really are 'at the printer' what is the typical lead time on these to get to a retailer?

Thanks!

It can vary, but things are usually still two or three months out once they're at the printer. They definitely do reprint them though; it seems they haven't been able to print anything enough to meet the demand lately.

Probably better to skip to Khazad-Dum or one of the sagas for the time being, if you can find those in print.

Often when FF games reach the point that most of the releases are listed as "awaiting reprint" but nothing is actually on the way it's a clear sign FF is about to pull the plug or release a new edition. This is exactly the situation for LOTR LCG right now, so I wouldn't hold my breath for rereleases.

It have been year that many packs are "awaiting reprint" so this is not a good sign to me.

Khazad-Dum deluxe reprint didn't reach stores until *last month*. I'd prefer they reprinted stuff faster (and put new content out more quickly), but in what world does it make sense to reprint KD deluxe if you are planning to retire or redo the game before reprinting the corresponding APs?

On 11/20/2018 at 6:17 PM, dalestephenson said:

but in what world does it make sense to reprint KD deluxe if you are planning to retire or redo the game before reprinting the corresponding APs  ?

Because people will buy it.

People will also buy the corresponding APs.

On 11/18/2018 at 11:40 AM, Jeffrey Paul said:

Often when FF games reach the point that most of the releases are listed as "awaiting reprint" but nothing is actually on the way it's a clear sign FF is about to pull the plug or release a new edition. This is exactly the situation for LOTR LCG right now, so I wouldn't hold my breath for rereleases.

This is my fear as well. I was hoping that with the new year they might consider reprinting everything, but that may be overly optimistic.

I just recently discovered this game last year and I absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I got into it too late to ever be able to collect all the expansions. I'm only missing The Lost Realm from the Deluxe Expansions, I'm missing half the Saga Expansions, and about half of all the adventure packs. I would really like to pick up everything I am missing.

They just reprinted Sands of Harad this month, but I already have that one.

On second thought, and maybe I'm being naive or too optimistic here, but the old LOTR card stuff is listed as "Awaiting Reprint". So maybe that does mean they intend to reprint it at some point, even if it is in a slow trickle. I just hope they get through the whole cycle at least once before it gets switched to "Unavailable"!

I second the request for reprints. Especially the Saga Expansions. Please take my money!!

Some encouraging news: https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/1090271145201291264

As a relatively new player I'm excited about the upcoming reprint. I've been getting ripped off on ebay lately.

Quick update to this. I've been keeping an eye on the offical FF Twitter account and they have confirmed that next reprints due out this month after Angmar Awakens are Dwarrowdelf and Against The Shadow. Fingers crossed for some deluxe expansions too.

Hopefully they will appear in the UK at some point, no sign of Sands of Harad so far apart from maybe 2 or 3 copies at rrp for a very short while.

Would have liked to have bought some more cards today but spent money on something else yet again as nothing here to buy :(

Cheers, somehow not got them bookmarked :)

Mass of things including sagas on upcoming page now, fingers crossed :)