Combat Bike

By Angel of Death, in Only War

I worked on a supplement for the Xenonian Free Companies a while ago, and included a Combat Bike with an optional sidecar + heavy weapon. It's pretty much just a conversion of the bike in Black Crusade's Tome of Blood for Only War rules/mechanics, but I think/hope it should be able to cover what you see in that picture.

You can find the document hosted on Dark Reign here , and the bike listed on page 4.

Note that this bike is intended as a rusty wasteland ride cobbled together from various parts, but if you remove the Ramshackle quality, that ought to be enough to make it represent a properly built vehicle constructed according to local factory specs.

If you do end up using it, I'd appreciate feedback on how it worked out, as it has not been playtested yet!

Edited by Lynata

This is a pretty sweet supplement! Digging the regiment ideas. Where did you find clean Only War pages for the background?

Thanks! :)

You can "steal" these background pages from the PDFs that FFG is putting up, for example the Errata or any other free stuff they host on their website. Although I think in this case I actually took them from another fan supplement that was posted here ... but I'm pretty sure they just took it from FFG's files as well. Unless they too lifted it from other fans. :D

Note that you need a professional PDF editor to extract that sort of stuff, though. FFG's pages are actually a collection of several images (papyrus style background + Aquila watermark + sidebar); all you have to do is to delete any text blocks and images (the content) that have been pasted on top of it as part of the original document.

Wow very fast responce and neat bike design.

It might be a while before it is deployed but when/if it is I will let you know how it works

Into the Storm (Rogue Trader supplement) has a bike like those, imperial-design.

51VnzI6josL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Into the Storm (Rogue Trader supplement) has a bike like those, imperial-design.

thank you

On 8/21/2015 at 8:08 AM, Lynata said:

I worked on a supplement for the Xenonian Free Companies a while ago, and included a Combat Bike with an optional sidecar + heavy weapon. It's pretty much just a conversion of the bike in Black Crusade's Tome of Blood for Only War rules/mechanics, but I think/hope it should be able to cover what you see in that picture.

You can find the document hosted on Dark Reign here , and the bike listed on page 4.

Note that this bike is intended as a rusty wasteland ride cobbled together from various parts, but if you remove the Ramshackle quality, that ought to be enough to make it represent a properly built vehicle constructed according to local factory specs.

If you do end up using it, I'd appreciate feedback on how it worked out, as it has not been playtested yet!

Dark Reign is DOA, do you have another copy somewhere you can link to?

On 19.01.2018 at 8:26 AM, InquistiorCalinx said:

Dark Reign is DOA, do you have another copy somewhere you can link to?

While Lynata is still on this forums, I'm not sure that she has notifications "on" - you can try to PM her.

The list says (not counting Astartes and Ork versions):

Combat Bike - DH1: Apocrypha: Vehicles & Riding Beasts

Scout Bike - RT: Into the Storm

Virbian Combat Bike - OW: Game Master's Kit

Veloxic Bike - DH2: Core Rules