A serious discussion.

By Trothael, in Odds & Ends

Two threads that have been posted in on what can be called a regular basis in over a week. Nearly two. That is not activity.

Are we dying? Is such a venerable community finally succumbing to the ignorance of it's masters and drifting apart?

Dyin? I don't think so. I do not believe that we are a dyin breed of players, spent 'n gather'd only to post in a few random topics at hand.

However, I do believe that we are, as one would say, stumblin. Blind, even. Spent, 'n tired. We have no footholds. We have no guides. We have no tethers or ropes or reigns to pull on to follow. We have questions, doubts, 'n concerns that never get answer'd, nor solutions set. We have querries 'n pointers as to what we would like to know 'n see specifically, 'n yet we gather less information daily. We have complainers 'n we have complimentors. We have doubters 'n we have the faithful. We have nice folks 'n ones that rear their ugly head every so often.

But what's the difference? Without a map, we have no guidance. Without a compass or star chart, we have no direction. Without ears to hear us, our voices fall flat. Without FFG there to show us, direct us, or answer our questions 'n concerns, we really do tend to stumble, 'n others, bash heads. But for what? For our petty arguments? For our bruised egos? For our tender wounds?

We were given a chance a while back. A chance to research 'n experiment 'n uproot ideas for the game. Somethin to add a zing to it, to keep the flames alive. We tried.... fixin things, where particular cards wouldn't become useless. We tried erratas, where certain cards would be play'd right. We tried bringin the Japanese concept into the Americanized gameplay, to make it like the original. But we had conflicts. Arguments. Problems. Particular anger. Huge egos. Demandin voices. Excitement lost. Puzzlin predicaments. 'N finally, defeat. People gave up. People didn't want to go through it anymore. People stop carin. 'N it's a sad thing, too. We still have the chance, but nothin's bein done about it. Not officially, at least..

Me? I've thought up a few ideas for the game to keep it goin. Things that wouldn't make certain decks unbeatable, or unstoppable, or lackin particular fun. I thought up interestin concepts. New restrictions. New challenges. New win conditions. Card erratas. Almost made a ban list, too, but decided against it.

I don't want to stop playin this game. If nothin will be done to fix it by FFG or this forum community, I'm fixin it for me 'n my friends. 'N it will live on. For us, at least. I stop'd carin bout the petty fights 'n 'best decks' 'n all that. I walk'd away 'n sought to fix it myself. 'N you know what? I'm dang proud of doin that.

Choitz...sir....I don't think I could have said it better myself.

This community has seen a ton of turmoil over the past few months and it seems it's put a major strain on the game. I personally got tired of it as well and, as such, walked away from the game for a bit...with what's been going on lately, I've even lost interest in it. I've grown tired of FFG and their absentee parent role and I've grown tired of the egos and arguments, I've grown tired of the lack of fun around here and in the game...there are many that take this game too seriously and it just bothers me. I mean, I think a lot of us have come to conclusion that this game was D.O.A....we were tricked by FFG and I can't tell you how angry I am about that....I can tell you that I will never buy another product from them once this game has officially ended.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still sticking with the game till the end. In terms of current members, I am the Alpha...and I'll be damned if I'm not the Omega...I've been here before the game was even officially launched and I will be here until the final post is made...plus I still gotta get me a ton of my namesake cards, lol. So, I may be in and out a lot more frequent, but I'm still here and I'm not goin' anywhere.

WayToTheDawn said:

Don't get me wrong though, I'm still sticking with the game till the end. In terms of current members, I am the Alpha...and I'll be damned if I'm not the Omega...I've been here before the game was even officially launched and I will be here until the final post is made...plus I still gotta get me a ton of my namesake cards, lol. So, I may be in and out a lot more frequent, but I'm still here and I'm not goin' anywhere.

So I'm second in seniority, aye?

[/ego]

I think a big factor in the lack of activity might be people spending a lot of time playing the new game

I don't think it's any coincidence that the most popular section is "Agrabah Bazaar". People are mostly interested in getting rid of the cards they got. That or they're collectors and want one of everything

did you guys ever work on the other format errta that i brought up. i know that throthel had an idea for a boss fight system and there was some questions i had on those on card effects and new worlds. if you can that might pump some life back into the game.

I can tell i'm one of the people drifting from the game. Not from the lack of peoples social skill. But from the lack of people wanting to trade with me and the inability to buy any new cards since the target store near me doesn't stock anymore packets. Yet they pack an enourmous amount of "Dinosaur King" even though no one purchsses them. Oh, how I wish this game would have been more populer then "Magic the Gathering"

WayToTheDawn said:

Choitz...sir....I don't think I could have said it better myself.

This community has seen a ton of turmoil over the past few months and it seems it's put a major strain on the game. I personally got tired of it as well and, as such, walked away from the game for a bit...with what's been going on lately, I've even lost interest in it. I've grown tired of FFG and their absentee parent role and I've grown tired of the egos and arguments, I've grown tired of the lack of fun around here and in the game...there are many that take this game too seriously and it just bothers me. I mean, I think a lot of us have come to conclusion that this game was D.O.A....we were tricked by FFG and I can't tell you how angry I am about that....I can tell you that I will never buy another product from them once this game has officially ended.

This is pretty much my current take on it too. No one really trades anymore so there is no point in trading other than for the promos I need and there are few tournaments out there so.

Plus I have bass, my new gf, in my life (yes I am dating my bass) to fill the void that was left in the inactivity of these boards.

to get more activity u guys need to lead by example,make online tournaments,hang out in the chatzy rooms,hold events.FFG isnt doin anything then its up to the players to take the reigns we need to look to our seinor players for guidance and theirs a question they cant answear then we`ll just have to find the answear ourselves.This game isnt dyin its just getting quite...so lets make some noise!!

Doctor Schutz said:

to get more activity u guys need to lead by example,make online tournaments,hang out in the chatzy rooms,hold events.FFG isnt doin anything then its up to the players to take the reigns we need to look to our seinor players for guidance and theirs a question they cant answear then we`ll just have to find the answear ourselves.This game isnt dyin its just getting quite...so lets make some noise!!

I'm afraid you have no idea what your talking about sir....sorry to say.

This game IS dying, if not already dead. Us senior members have spoken with employees of FFG, one of us even WORKED for them for a few months so believe us when we say this game IS dying and it will DIE....it pains me to say that, being one of the very first forum members from 2006 and for all the hard work I've poured into promoting and judging....but alas...it was all for naught.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do, but we just don't have it anymore, few of us do...we've been beaten down and our youthful ethusiasm is all but gone....We're sticking to it but we just don't believe in it anymore I don't think.

WayToTheDawn said:

Doctor Schutz said:

I'm afraid you have no idea what your talking about sir....sorry to say.

This game IS dying, if not already dead. Us senior members have spoken with employees of FFG, one of us even WORKED for them for a few months so believe us when we say this game IS dying and it will DIE....it pains me to say that, being one of the very first forum members from 2006 and for all the hard work I've poured into promoting and judging....but alas...it was all for naught.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, I really do, but we just don't have it anymore, few of us do...we've been beaten down and our youthful ethusiasm is all but gone....We're sticking to it but we just don't believe in it anymore I don't think.

Aye, nearly three years of squeezing blood from a stone has left us with sore hands, and very, very tired of it.

It's so rare that new questions are asked nowadays that I no longer see the point in checking RD. There are no unanswerable questions, especially since between myself and Mr. Dawn, we had the propensity to fix every single problem there was, but we were deterred by FFG's lack of support for this game, regardless of all our support and effort.

We've heard nothing official about any future for this game, and until we do, I don't reckon there'll be much more support for it. The community is on a fast decline as well. We're just waiting to hit rock-bottom...

Agreed. Honestly the game would have been better if it were character customizable. Something both Japan and US overlooked. FFG only planned on making the quick buck, not actually making something worth playing. Otherwise, they would have actually put an effort into it and not made it with such shotty craftsmenship. Pitiful.

<3 Kingdom Hearts

<3 Kingdom Hearts TCG

it really is just so quite, and for those that have talked to FFG its just way to quite, i dont want to agree but i'd have too that we are dying. I'm really questioning why we've had set 4 for 4 months and we still dont have a new official tourney.

I've been on(around/creeping) the forums almost as long as Dawn, Trothael and monkey - i figure i'll stick it out till we know its over

You would have thought we would have gotten an update at least. the last thing we heard was the card of the day from 4 months ago.

i know i just said that on the key bears fourm.

lengua.gif

Roxas said:

You would have thought we would have gotten an update at least. the last thing we heard was the card of the day from 4 months ago.

Anyone emailed Jaffer lately?

Shall I?

Cause I was going to anywayz.

WayToTheDawn said:

Roxas said:

Anyone emailed Jaffer lately?

Shall I?

Cause I was going to anywayz.

I thought he wasn't replying to emails except from you Truffles and Sora_Yagami. But to answer, no I haven't tried to email him, and if you want to be my guest good sir.

Doctor Schutz said:

players can only do so much if ffg dosent want to help us with the game the we cant do anything i have been with this game from the start and on the fourms before the game was out and even then ffg didnt really have much to do here.

Okay, serious question:

Is this game savable? By that I mean, if FFG suddenly had the hugest change of heart and decided to fully support this game, is it already too late?
If not, what exactly (in detail) do you believe they would need to do to turn things around?

A man as charismatic as Hitler and a nazi-esque rally to promote the TCG.

Seriously. It would work.

devilmonkey said:

Okay, serious question:

Is this game savable? By that I mean, if FFG suddenly had the hugest change of heart and decided to fully support this game, is it already too late?
If not, what exactly (in detail) do you believe they would need to do to turn things around?

While Truffles' idea would definitely work...I think it is indeed savable by other means. lol.

What could save this game is some serious swag for local tournaments...other than these promos that everyone slowly but surely acquires millions of. It doesn't even need to be anything huge either though, some playmats, maybe some posters like Set 1 originally had. At first I'd understand that there's a lot of red tape to get through to use the various likenesses but if this game took off then I think that tape would dissapear...a simple case of demand, the more players who do the demanding, the faster the game company moves...usually.

What I'm getting at here mainly is something to entice the more serious players who play competatively and the fanboys/girls who want to win the cool stuff. It's obvious the cards alone aren't enough to pull in the player base we need, and I've mentioned recently how a lot of of the veteran card players out there don't see this as a very deep game. We'd have to do something to show both of those groups how great the game is...lure 'em in with swag, then blow them away with gameplay.

Ya gotta trick 'em ya see...

WayToTheDawn said:

devilmonkey said:

Okay, serious question:

While Truffles' idea would definitely work...I think it is indeed savable by other means. lol.

What could save this game is some serious swag for local tournaments...other than these promos that everyone slowly but surely acquires millions of. It doesn't even need to be anything huge either though, some playmats, maybe some posters like Set 1 originally had. At first I'd understand that there's a lot of red tape to get through to use the various likenesses but if this game took off then I think that tape would dissapear...a simple case of demand, the more players who do the demanding, the faster the game company moves...usually.

What I'm getting at here mainly is something to entice the more serious players who play competatively and the fanboys/girls who want to win the cool stuff. It's obvious the cards alone aren't enough to pull in the player base we need, and I've mentioned recently how a lot of of the veteran card players out there don't see this as a very deep game. We'd have to do something to show both of those groups how great the game is...lure 'em in with swag, then blow them away with gameplay.

Ya gotta trick 'em ya see...

and they seriously need to get a Rules Errata Guide going that is official.

Right totally forgot about the Rules and Translations and whatnot.

Although...that may very well be something that IS too far gone to fix...

Probably, they screwed the pooch on the translation.