Features that are both positive and negative.

By Evil Genius Prime, in Wrath of the Gods

I noticed in the Wrath of the Gods book that some of the NPCs have a feature that is both positive AND negative.

My question is, when creating a player character, can you have this as well? I have a player that is overweight. He's wanting to take "Overweight +/-" as both his positive and negative Physical Feature. Basically it's just his two features rolled into one. I see his reasoning. For instance, say he wanted to stand in a doorway and block someone from getting past. He could use his "Overweight" feature to add a positive die. But when he's trying to outrun an infected person chasing him, his "Overweight" feature could add a negative die.

I'm the GM, so I'm going to allow it. But I was wanting to get everyone else's take on it as well. I'm going to post this in the Zombie Apocalypse forum as well in case some of the community frequent that forum more than this one.

Thanks,

Evil G.

Edited by Evil Genius Prime

This was brought up by my soon-to-be GM, and I certainly like the idea. My character, Sarah, is young and was in possession of the -Small Size Physical Feature, but in hindsight the fact that she's smaller than an adult could work to her advantage on a number of occasions: when hiding, when trying to cram herself into vents, when trying to slip into small spaces, etc.

I have since changed her Physical Feature to +/-Small Size.

Edited by LadySkywalker

I like that Idea using a negative feature for a positive roll but I wouldn't limit them to just the one as both there positive and negative, maybe let them pick a positive and negative and as the GM keep in mind the possible positive uses of the negative features.