Features that are both positive and negative.

By Evil Genius Prime, in Zombie Apocalypse

I noticed in the Wrath of the Gods book that some of the NPCs have a feature that is both positive AND negative.

My question is, when creating a player character can you have this as well? I have a player that is overweight. He's wanting to take "Overweight +/-" as both his positive and negative Physical Feature. Basically it's just his two features rolled into one. I see his reasoning. For instance, say he wanted to stand in a doorway and block someone from getting past. He could use his "Overweight" feature to add a positive die. But when he's trying to outrun an infected person chasing him, his "Overweight" feature could add a negative die.

I'm the GM, so I'm going to allow it. But I was wanting to get everyone else's take on it as well. I'm going to post this in the Wrath of the Gods forum as well in case some of the community frequent that forum more than this one.

Thanks,

Evil G.

I had players do this, it was kind of how a couple of them naturally conceptualized it. It's no different than having a Positive and Negative that aren't related, other than they just share a name.

Yeah I think it's a really innovative idea and definitely the same features can be a bonus or a hindrance depending on the circumstances.