California Events?

By Smazzurco, in UFS General Discussion

Ok i know this might be the wrong forum but the Fan announcements one is kind of dead...

The next 2 weeks we have no tourneys locally, this weekend i am busy, but next weekend i want to play some UFS!

Anyone in California have weekly tournaments i could come crash? I am in Norcal but can drive a few hours....

Thanks

IF your willing to come down to SoCal we have a good playgroup every tues starting at 6 at Gameology in Montclair. Also Torrance has a good set of guys, but the specific day escapes me at the moment.

We have weekly tournaments in Sacramento! They are every Saturday at 11:00 AM. The first Saturday of each month is Legacy, while the others are Standard (we are currently playing 4- and 5-points, with 4-points rotating out in November). We also spread out our prizes, such that everyone who plays walks away with at least one booster and at least one promo.

We play in Torrance (SoCal) every Saturday starting at 1:00.

My group is in Scotts Valley... near Santa Cruz. We play every saturday at our local game store, Epic Adventure Games. It's usuallly standered but sometimes we play legacy.

Sorry...had to post, because it made me laugh...AppleJax, dude! You do realize that the OP is Sal, and he is a REGULAR at Epic Adventure, right?? Lolz!

Hey Sal, not this weekend, but perhaps next Saturday (18th), you wanna take a road trip? Hit me up on my celly and we'll plan it!! gui%C3%B1o.gif

My group plays every sat at comic cult in torrence. If you want to come your welcome to join us. Also gameology in montclair has a good group of guys =D

so which places places in so cal plays on weekends? (preferably on saturday) Myself and a buddy of mine wouldn't mind making a road trip sometime. and any of them play legacy?

We play every Saturday at 1:00 in Torrance. Mostly we play Standard, but we do have Legacy decks floating around!

What's the place/address?

Sorry, I knew I was forgetting something. It is at Comic Cult in Torrance. Unfortunately I do not know the address off the top of my head...

1047 W Carson St # 5
Torrance, CA 90502-2045

That's the address for the cult. 110 south exit carson, turn right. Look for the sign. Small group of us but we have a lot of fun.

ChaosFlash said:

We have weekly tournaments in Sacramento! They are every Saturday at 11:00 AM. The first Saturday of each month is Legacy, while the others are Standard (we are currently playing 4- and 5-points, with 4-points rotating out in November). We also spread out our prizes, such that everyone who plays walks away with at least one booster and at least one promo.

Thinking of rolling down this coming weekend...

You guys still are playing 4 point? Are people playing "fun" 4pt cards or how is the meta? Don't really feel like driving 3 hours to play with all the BS ffg tossed out. If its theme/characters or whatever but if its BRT/Battle Prowess/Criminal Past over and over....

Whats the address so i can check out exactly how the drive is?

Smazzurco said:

ChaosFlash said:

Thinking of rolling down this coming weekend...

You guys still are playing 4 point? Are people playing "fun" 4pt cards or how is the meta? Don't really feel like driving 3 hours to play with all the BS ffg tossed out. If its theme/characters or whatever but if its BRT/Battle Prowess/Criminal Past over and over....

Whats the address so i can check out exactly how the drive is?

The address is 6026 Fair Oaks Blvd, Carmichael, CA, 95608. The store name is Adventures in Comics and Games.

(EDIT: Carmichael is barely NW of Sacramento City, and is in Sacramento County.)

We are indeed still running 4 point (until November), though it's not like all of us are playing Order control or anything. I would say that the format is "competitively casual" - i.e. we are mostly experienced players who build decks that we feel would be fun to play. In fact, two of us (Sean and myself) build a different deck each week just to keep things fresh. If you would like to see some of the decks played over the last few months, you can check out FFG's OP site and browse our tourney records. Also, as I mentioned, we greatly spread out the prizes so that everyone is happy in the end.

Anyone in California have any ideas about a place to hold a Pro Tour event? I would love to have our western event in either Cali or Las Vegas. Let me know what you guys can come up with. I may not check this post again for a while, so send me your opinions to [email protected]

Jason

jasco games said:

Anyone in California have any ideas about a place to hold a Pro Tour event? I would love to have our western event in either Cali or Las Vegas. Let me know what you guys can come up with. I may not check this post again for a while, so send me your opinions to [email protected]

Jason

Hey Jason,

I just sent you an email. Please read and Reply when you get a sec. Thanks!

jasco games said:

Jason

We could always try Eudemonia in Berkeley, CA. It's centralized (not too far for Northern/Southern California or Nevada players), and they have held large UFS events in the past.

ChaosFlash said:

jasco games said:

Jason

We could always try Eudemonia in Berkeley, CA. It's centralized (not too far for Northern/Southern California or Nevada players), and they have held large UFS events in the past.

Just wonderin, are there regular events that are held there?

RockStar said:

ChaosFlash said:

jasco games said:

Jason

Just wonderin, are there regular events that are held there?

I just checked their website. They do not run rugular tourneys anymore.