Unstoppable Warrior

By Judas225, in UFS Rules Q & A

I'm looking for clarification regarding the intent of Unstoppable Warrior. Specifically the second part of the effect "You may only play attacks for the rest of this turn".

Several of us take the card to mean you can only play attacks for the rest of the turn, but you can still play enhances on cards in your staging area, which I believe is the intent of the card. However, as written the card implies that you may play attacks and nothing else, including enhances.

My questions would then be

1) Was the card meant only to limit which cards from your hand may be played as forms, therefore still being able to use enhances in your staging area afterwards would still be legal?

2) Does the limitation placed on playing cards in your hand only affect cards played as forms so you would still be able to play action cards as enhances or responses, or was it originally meant to be that you could play nothing but attacks from your hand at all?

Think it is supposed to limit you from playing foundations after you played an attack. Ragnar (who is on the card) is a berserk and will continue his onslaught, he does not stop and think oh maybe I should have some defences put up aswell :)

you can't play non attacks for the rest of the turn, including as enhances, blocks, responses and forms

you can still play enhances, forms, responds from your staging area o_O

you can still play enhances, forms, responds from your staging area o_O

The intent may have been that you can not play non-attack forms for the rest of the turn, but that's not what the card says.

The card says you can only play attacks.

Is an enhance an attack? No. Is a React an attack? No.

If it is going to work otherwise then it needs errata. Personally I think it should be errataed to only limit card types being played, not abilities.

this is effing retarded, everyone here knows how the card is supposed to work, this is what i hated about this forum before, everyone trying to twist the wordings into something its not meant to do...you may only play attacks for the rest of the turn means that you cant play foundations or actions or assets, you can still E with foundations already in your staging area or on your character....the card would be stupid if it stopped you from doing that....

this goes back to Alba...

"Play" as used on Unstoppable Warrior is defined as playing a card as a form from your hand i believe.

At the least it is defined as playing a card from your hand.

01.jpg 05.jpg

Going by "literal" definition, if you use Alba, i should be able to use Olcadan's Mentoring as my next form, as it not an attack, and is a form. But "play" is defined as from the hand.

So unstoppable warrior should definately allow enhances, R's, etc from the staging area.

It may or may not stop Enhance/React cards....could see it going either way.

I don't think that's so Smazzurco. Alba doesn't say "play a non-attack card". If it did then yes. As it is Oladon's is (aside from the fact that it's banned) an acceptable form to play to fulfil Alba's requirements.

You would have thought that they would have avoided repeating such ambiguous wording.

And Awaken, I find it frankely amazing that you can be so sure everyone knows how this card works when the very fact that people are unsure is demonstrated by this questions existance. The wording says something other then what we want the card to do (yes, I don't want it to stop enhances/react myself) but that's not what the card says and it needs errata to work that way.

listen.... when a card effect says "play" followed by a certain type of card or avility it is referencing EITHER the type of cards or the ability's respectively.

Card types: Attack, Action, Foundation, Asset, Character

Card abilities: Form, Enhance, React

IF a card goes "you may only play (insert card type)" it is saying you can only play that and none of the other card types. If it says "you may only play (insert card ability)" it works the same way but with card abilities.

It means you can only play attacks from your hand, it isn't saying you can't even play enhances etc.

Okay i just talked to james and got an official ruling, the card works the way i thought it did...you may only play attacks from your hand, you can still play E and R and F on cards in your staging area....

and Self Stamped :P

That's great. I think that's how the card SHOULD work. That doesn't change the fact that either the rules need to be changed to explicitely state the distinction between the two types of playing, or the card needs errata.

And I'll be frank, I'm not too happy about having to tell my players "It works that way because someone on the forums said they talked to the game designer and they said he said it worked that way." especially when it's NOT what the card and rules actually say.

sorry you dont wanna do it, so just tell them thats the way it works and thats the bottom line...