What to buy after the core set?

By Ayleron, in Star Wars: The Card Game

I have been thinking about getting into the lcg for a while now and was wondering which set(s) are going to be best to get after the core set? Budget is somewhat limited, planning on playing light side/rebellion.

You have to play LS and DS. I'd recommend Edge of Darkness. It adds in smugglers and scum and is essentially their core set.

I am in the same boat here. I ordered the Core Set online and picked up edge of darkness while visiting TC Tulsa. I believe there is a great thread here that discusses the force packs to pick up to be competitive. I think I will strive to pick up ones with my favorite characters first and then slowly acquire the others over time. Even if I cannot find many players in my area, I want to at least collect all of the art.

I am debating, however, on duplicate core and deluxe expansion sets. People say you need them to be competitive, but for a casual player and collector, I think I will be fine without them for now.

I am debating, however, on duplicate core and deluxe expansion sets. People say you need them to be competitive, but for a casual player and collector, I think I will be fine without them for now.

That said, if you aren't planning to play competitively, no need to purchase a 2nd copy of the core set or edge of Darkness. The main benefit for casual play is just being able to see some favorite characters more often by building decks with 2 copies of Luke or Han or Vader or the Emperor.

Just to be clear, only the core set and edge of darkness "require" purchasing a 2nd copy. All force packs and the other deluxe expansions only need a single copy to be able to build any deck.

That said, if you aren't planning to play competitively, no need to purchase a 2nd copy of the core set or edge of Darkness. The main benefit for casual play is just being able to see some favorite characters more often by building decks with 2 copies of Luke or Han or Vader or the Emperor.

Awesome! Thank you for this clarification. I thought I had seen this somewhere for the force packs, but I did not know about it for the other deluxe expansions. I just got my core set in today and played a game. It's awesome! With my limited budget I will start collecting one of everything for now and if it ever works out I'll get a second core and edge of darkness. I do like seeing some of the favorite characters more often.