If the Elder Gods (Cthulhu Mythos) created 40k races... (a "what if" thread

By Quietus1, in Black Crusade

Which god would you think would have been responsible for which race?

My takes thus far...

The Slaugh (spelled wrong probably): Cthulhu.

The Necrons: Nyarlathotep maybe, for the egyption theme.

The Tyrranids: Could be either of the above, I frankly can't decide.

They did.

Current sentinent races of the 40K Galaxy (with an exception of Necron/Necrontir) created by the "Old Ones" .

Edited by Aenno

Tyranid hive mind, by the way, almost literally matches the description of lovecraftian Shub-Niggurath.

Edited by Chaplain

I see the YuVath as the Elder Things gone warp corrupted.

Wait, why "corrupted"? Who ever said warhammer Old Ones was good or nice?

Hey Aenno I don't believe this post is about the Warhammer old ones but a hypothetical thread for HP Lovecraft's Great Old Ones.

It's certainly hard to put the races into categories as they are a very different mythos. If you draw a link between Tzeentch and Yog-Sothoth I.E. both are supreme at seeing the threads of the future, you could argue that most psychic races with similar abilities to see the future could have come from him, for instance the Eldar (and yes I know they were created by the old ones in actual Warhammer fluff :P ).

Humans, from memory (and it is rusty so I may be mistaken here) evolved from singular celled lifeforms that were introduced by the old ones in the Mountains of Madness, so I guess no actual deity creator for them.

Edited by Amroth

Hey Aenno I don't believe this post is about the Warhammer old ones but a hypothetical thread for HP Lovecraft's Great Old Ones.

Oh but of course, but who said you they're different?

The Great Old Ones aren't a psychic reptilian race......

The Great Old Ones aren't a psychic reptilian race......

And why exactly we belive Old Ones from WH40 were reptilian? :)

Yes, they used to say "slow cold-blooded wisdom" but we can say it about human. Yes, they uplifted Slaans, but they uplifed Eldars, Orks and Humans as well.

And Great Old Ones definitly was PSYCHIC.

Wait, why "corrupted"? Who ever said warhammer Old Ones was good or nice?

I never spoke about warhammer olde ones. I spoke about the Elder Things in Cthulu's mythos.