Player Interaction - a plea to design team for expansion material!

By Chthopher, in Runebound

I am totally stoked for this version of Runebound - looks there is a lot of control over the character building!

I don't see much way for players to interact (non-competitively). It looks like there could be some PvP, which I'm not stoked on. Regardless, I think there are ways to increase player interaction:

1. Use a mechanism though the quests so that they require more than one player to complete, but the rewards are greater for each player when doing this - (ex: meet at X to battle 2 Y or one biggy, OR meet at X to test Z OR choose player B to help with N, etc.

2. You could employ a similar mechanic though a "Rumors" deck. They could be based in certain locations (cities probably best) in which they could be known - drawn randomly (by chance meetings).

I would definitely pay for this type of expansion. I know many people like multiplayer solitaire and I do to a degree, but I would prefer to have access to a semi-cooperative aspect - I will care more about who is trying to band together etc.

Anyway, this game looks like it will be great and have a lot of creative potential! I'm excited to see the many tangents this game is likely to have!