Damage: with orbital bombardment and to bastions

By Karukus, in Forbidden Stars

Hey guys !

Somewhat new player here with a couple of questions. Have played 2 games with my friends but still have a couple of questions on the rules.

1) First on bastions:

In the rules reference , on the topic of Damage and health(page 6) it says: If a bastion suffers damage and is not destroyed, the bastion is not routed and that damage is ignored.

Hoes this mean that bastions heal after every damage point they take during battle and need full destruction to be killed ? Or does this mean that they get restored to full health after the end of a battle ?

Does damage persist after battles in general ? (because I cannot seem to find an explanation on this)

2) From the same point on orbital bombardment:

Any units that suffer damage during an orbital strike but are not destroyed, are not routed. The damage is ingored.

Does this mean that units go to full health after the bombardment if other land units attack directly after it ?

What about the space marine bombardment order upgrade that lets me drop space marines during bombardment ? Does the damage persist there ?

3) And finally I see bombardment is limited to 8 dice. But can i bombard the same world twice ? Or move 2 ships(eldar) to 1 void, bombard with 6 dice and then move a third ship to the same void and bombard again for 3 extra dice ?

Does orbital bombardment happen after all ship movement and thus make adding more ships to a void impossible ?

I think you are misunderstanding damage. All units that take damage during combat are either routed (if the damage is less than unit health) or destroyed if it is greater. The damage done to rout a unit is not counted against that unit in another phase of combat. So if say a scout was routed with 1 damage on phase 2, the scout would need to receive its full health or greater damage on phase 3 to be destroyed. This is true with orbital bombardment as well, except in most cases it can't also rout the unit, so it's all or nothing. As far as your last question goes, all movement happens before an assault or bombardment. In your scenario you would have to spend two advances to deal 1 6 die bombardment then 1 8 die bombardment. Although I don't recall if dice are limited in bombardments like ground assaults but I may need to check the rules again.